This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to grow the sport of hang gliding. We will take a methodical approach to collect data and come up with implementable ideas on how to increase our numbers. This includes effective marketing, lead generation, site access issues, improving regulations, lack of instructors, lack of sites, etc

Moderator: mods

By davisstraub
Hardware has been set for quite a while. Still finalizing the software/firmware.
By DAVE858
I wish they had a video tutorials for their instruments.
By HG_Aviator
DAVE858 wrote:I wish they had a video tutorials for their instruments.

:goodidea: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I AGREE :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :goodidea:
By Darbbb
DAVE858 wrote:I wish they had a video tutorials for their instruments.
AMEN!!! :goodidea: :thumbsup: :mosh:
By Comet
What's the difference between the Element and the 7030? Are they two different instruments or different names for the same unit?
By davisstraub
The new name for the proposed 7030 will be the Connect 3.

The Element is about equal to the 6015.

The Connect 1 about equal to the 6020

The Connect 3 about equal to the 6030.
By dharris894
Any idea when the 7030/Connect 3 will be available?
By mbadley
I like the 6030, haven't even tapped all that it can do - however the big loss is MAPPING OVERLAYS. At least the basics in roads, cities, mountain peaks, lakes, etc. Jeez. Why do we need to have a separate gps that can tell us where we are, relative to what we see on the ground. And then maybe push a waypoint on to a peak to enter it 'on the fly' so to speak.

All stuff already hashed over many times. Are they LISTENING??

My buddy showed up with a new 6015 (element) and was already bitching about the screen display size when I pulled out my 6030.
By mbadley
Looks nice Senor Straub - but $3400 is pretty steep. I'll stick with the 6030 and a garmin. I LIKE the way the industry is going, though. I think...

So, here are some Devil's Advocate issues:

Big color screen - lots of drain on a battery (have to carry a separate pack)
Color screens are notoriously hard to see in sunlight.
Touch nav on the screen - no buttons? Will be tough with gloves. We will have to wear thin gloves under mitts or something.

Maybe we are getting too much information in the Vario/GPS devices now. Getting all caught up with instruments, radios, GoPros, etc. is distracting us from the real treat of just flying like birds and enjoying the freedom of the air. It is definitely distracting to pilots on launches that get more into "Is the Camera ON?" instead of focusing on getting into 'launch mode'.
By HGXC
davisstraub wrote:The new name for the proposed 7030 will be the Connect 3.

The Element is about equal to the 6015.

The Connect 1 about equal to the 6020

The Connect 3 about equal to the 6030.

In general HGing doesn't have cool product names. Connect???? come -on man!

Dennis
By mbadley
After reviewing some of the info on the ClearNav - I have to correct a statement about the touch screen. This unit doesn't use that technology - you will have to mount a little dongle with joystick and some buttons to use it.

Good and bad, I guess. You can fly one handed and play video games with your other. We will be needing cockpits soon.... Doh!
By cygnea
the connect screen works with gloves.
you can find the latest software status on the official website
https://flytec.ch/en/devices/paraglider ... rview.html

the element track got airspace support 2 month ago.
and for all those who enjoy local flights the element speed is out now.
no track recording, but groundspeed, wind, glide, gps height and easy to use
https://flytec.ch/en/devices/paraglider ... rview.html