This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to grow the sport of hang gliding. We will take a methodical approach to collect data and come up with implementable ideas on how to increase our numbers. This includes effective marketing, lead generation, site access issues, improving regulations, lack of instructors, lack of sites, etc

Moderator: mods

hgflying wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:55 pm > One thing I am working on ... is plotting all U.S. flying sites (launches, LZ's,
> school/business for free flight) on a Google Map/Google Earth dedicated map

You probably have seen these by now, they cover both HG/PG

paraglidingearth.com
paraglidingmap.com

You can add notes, document links, local contact info, etc. There are some HG only sites (ex. Yosemite). I've updated information on some of my local sites, to help visiting pilots, it's kind of like Wikipedia. And I believe you can Export a data file, to import to Google Earth, or just cut&paste the coordinates. The OZ Report had a *.kml file a while back, it was useful, but I suspect it's out of date by now, and these two websites seem to have the lead with user contributions to keep them fresh.

-
Dang! Thanks! Less work for me... (Most ideas I have, I usually find out someone has already thought of it and done it)