This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to grow the sport of hang gliding. We will take a methodical approach to collect data and come up with implementable ideas on how to increase our numbers. This includes effective marketing, lead generation, site access issues, improving regulations, lack of instructors, lack of sites, etc

Moderator: mods

By DBrose
only got a little video...smashed it all together and made a quick vid..flew 2 days and got no higher than 6k with around 1hr 45 min each flight. Landing was turbulent..even tho the pilot on video had a weak approach..(not me)..Johnny was there and was funny as usual..just thought I'd share...enjoy
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eVhygX3 ... ature=plcp[/youtube]
By DBrose
at least check out the LZ accommodations.is it better than yours?..Longsword Winery really deserves a big thanks.
By J ball
:lol: met crazy johhny up at lakeview.. fun dude.. Looks like quite the place up there.
By DBrose
Johnny is so funny.. He has a article coming out in the mag about learning to fly with NO INSTRUCTION, his words are very inspiring, he's alive I'm alive you're alive.. Let's fly..the article he wrote brought tears to my eyes, not everybody has money for the cool stuff.. He's a true pilot and inspirers me even tho he's nuts
By miraclepieco
Johnny's been persistent, I'll concede that. And he's always been nothing but nice to me. Look at those 22-inch biceps; who's gonna tell him he can't fly 'cause he's not USHPA or doesn't have a chute? Like the song says: Go Johnny, go!
By DBrose
johnny got a chute and is a H3..
By miraclepieco
DBrose wrote:johnny got a chute and is a H3..
You mean he's "legit" now? Tell me it ain't so bro! He used to put towels in his pouch so people would stop bugging him about not having a chute! I can't wait to read his article; someone loan me a mag (I dropped my subscription when they fired Gil Dodgen and changed the name).
By DBrose
He went through a whole thing with an instructor at kiwanda and officially got his H3 and he got a better glider and a good chute and has since made great x-c flights. I remember him over 7 years ago at woodrat and he was nuts.. Super nuts..we were like someone should snip his wires..but he cross controlled his way up with the rest of us. :crazy:
By miraclepieco
I just read local news that there are forest fires in the Woodrat vicinity and that Cantrell Buckley park is being used as a firefighter base. I haven't been out there to verify, but I assume air tanker and helicopter activity will curtail flying at Woodrat for awhile. Check with locals and NOTAMS before you go.