This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to grow the sport of hang gliding. We will take a methodical approach to collect data and come up with implementable ideas on how to increase our numbers. This includes effective marketing, lead generation, site access issues, improving regulations, lack of instructors, lack of sites, etc

Moderator: mods

By tizeagle
I'm proud to say SG's plans for spreading the word of hang gliding is working and N. Texas has 2 new pilots with the help of the site.

They are also lurking around here and haven't introduced themselves, so I will leave there identities private.

They were interested in HG and found this site which led them to the local instructor through the USHPA. One gentlemen is late 30s early 40s and HGed 20+ years ago and is very active in RC flight. The other is 21years of age still in school I believe. They both attended there ground school last week and are ready to start training.

I'm proud to be apart of this forum that SG has created and even happier to post this great news, and maybe after posting this the guys will post there introductions.

:mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh:

Tiz :thumbsup:
By boarini2003
I agree that this site is one of the most positive developments to the sport of Hang gliding! Many thanks to SG! It's a great and helpful site.
By Nibs
Yup, I know of at least a few people that started flying at lookout thanks to this site!
By CHassan
I wish this would have been around a couple years ago. (I think it was but it was the old format and not so popular!)
By designbydave
sg wrote:Nice! Its working Im thinking business cards too. Having a www.hanggliding.org card you can hand out to people who seem interested in the sport might be a good hook.
Vista Print will give you free cards: http://www.vistaprint.com/

you don't get a custom design for free, but it might be worth it as a cheap way to help promote.
By T.B.
Not only all that ....but SG (who shall remain nameless) (Jack)...tolorated my crazy behavior...and allowed me to join this forum again without prejudice.
Thanks SG... :P
By Vrezh
T.B. writes;
Not only all that ....but SG (who shall remain nameless) (Jack)...tolorated my crazy behavior...and allowed me to join this forum again without prejudice.
Thanks SG...
I kinda missed that, could you tell what happened, please.

Vrezh.
By knumbknuts
he went all britney. :rofl:

except, there were no pictures of two manatees fighting over a ham sammich. :rofl: :rofl:
By PilotGuy
I'm sure this site has done nothing but good things for the sport, and will continue to do so. Thanks go to sg and everyone else on here, I think. The regular members of any forum set the tone of the forum and also set a reputation for themselves, and I think that the friendliness and helpfulness that the members of this website have demonstrated so far is a huge positive for any newbies just testing the waters. We'll definitely all have to have a big circle jerk someday. :lol:
By CHassan
Let's all get our H4, Go visit SG. Crash at his place at night, and during the day we will all go to Torrey Pines, and fly a circuit over the launch all day so no panties can take off! :twisted:
By tony7kp
sg wrote:I have other top secret plans in the oven too :twisted: But its slow going, im stretched thin on time.
Just a thought, but I'm sure there are quite a few members here that are also pretty computer savy, and while I can't speak for everyone, I'll personally be willing to help you out in any project that you want to work on but don't have the time. Now its totally understandable if you would want to keep everything to yourself and not get outside people involved, but I'm offering my assistance in case you want it :thumbsup:
By rallyant
tony7kp wrote:
sg wrote:I have other top secret plans in the oven too :twisted: But its slow going, im stretched thin on time.
Just a thought, but I'm sure there are quite a few members here that are also pretty computer savy, and while I can't speak for everyone, I'll personally be willing to help you out in any project that you want to work on but don't have the time. Now its totally understandable if you would want to keep everything to yourself and not get outside people involved, but I'm offering my assistance in case you want it :thumbsup:
now theres an idea!
I cant wait to see this top secret update!
By tizeagle
tony7kp wrote: but I'm offering my assistance in case you want it :thumbsup:

SG we have our first sacrificial lamb for the weather gods :evil:

:rofl:

Tiz :thumbsup:
By CHassan
sg wrote:Ill keep this in mind. jspin72 offered the same, since he knows PHP/MySQL

If anyone knows PHP/MYSQL, and wants to do bits of coding here and there let me know. I maybe be able to farm out small pieces of code, here and there to people.
I'll help....as soon as you tell me what PHP/MYSQL is :mrgreen:
By CHassan
:surrender:

It's a good thing I have my looks to fall back on 8) , I'd never get far on brains alone! :drool:
By tony7kp
sg wrote:If anyone knows PHP/MYSQL, and wants to do bits of coding here and there let me know. I maybe be able to farm out small pieces of code, here and there to people.
I know the basics of PHP/MYSQL. I've learned it on my own, but never really did much development on it. But I have been looking for a reason for me to actually get a project started on it and learn it more efficiently, so this might be just the thing. haha
By wannahg
CHassan wrote::surrender:

It's a good thing I have my looks to fall back on 8) , I'd never get far on brains alone! :drool:
How tall are you?
What do you weigh?
Whats your phone #?

:lol:
By bald eagle
Hi we're trying to promote different sports here in the UK. How would you best describe hang gliding with words or pictures or just personal experiences.

What's the best way of spreading the word to people who want to have a go.