This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to grow the sport of hang gliding. We will take a methodical approach to collect data and come up with implementable ideas on how to increase our numbers. This includes effective marketing, lead generation, site access issues, improving regulations, lack of instructors, lack of sites, etc

Moderator: mods

By 1510
hello ! i am in nanjing city ,jiangsu province ,China , i very like
hanggliding sport , but there aren't bhpa registered schools ,no instructors ,no

hang gliders in nanjing city ... how should i do ?

:(
By spork
1510 wrote:hello ! i am in nanjing city ,jiangsu province ,China , i very like
hanggliding sport , but there aren't bhpa registered schools ,no instructors ,no

hang gliders in nanjing city ... how should i do ?

:(
In general aviation (small traditional airplanes) it's common for people to travel to the U.S. for training. If you're able to travel to the U.S. I'd recommend visiting one of the flight parks in Florida (south-east U.S.). They can provide all the equipment and training you'll need.

Until then I suggest you should read extensively about it. The more prepared you are prior to training, the better. Let us know if you need suggestions on good material to study.
By 1510
my every day in reading books and manual hard , but it's a bit difficult for me to travel to U.S ...
By FMAN
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?t ... =450711150
The first records of man-lifting kites come from China. The (636) Book of Sui records that the tyrant Gao Yang, Emperor Wenxuan of Northern Qi (r. 550-559), executed prisoners by making them fly with bird-shaped kite wings (see ornithopter).
I found this in Lift a while ago. From my understanding Emperor Wenxuan was trying to develop a hang glider and used prisoners to test pilot, it's an unpleasant thought, but shows the human desire to fly like a bird.

:run: