This forum is dedicated to discussions on how to grow the sport of hang gliding. We will take a methodical approach to collect data and come up with implementable ideas on how to increase our numbers. This includes effective marketing, lead generation, site access issues, improving regulations, lack of instructors, lack of sites, etc

Moderator: mods

By xerxes
Do you have glider storage already?

How about a 'party' budget (hire a band, kegs etc some Sat. night)
By jkjohnson
BBQ stands, and more trash cans more grass for tent camping
By Dennis D
I am interested in a modernized RV park for long term use for pilots who want to be close to the LZ and fly daily. It is such a beautiful location. I so love the club and AJX is a place I would love to be able to hook up a fifth-wheel to for long term. It is close to everything one could need and long term RV hook ups would be perfect.
By Vrezh
I would sure hope the parking lot and the road heading to it are included in the improvements list.

I know how precious water is for you guys, but it would be nice to have some means to wash that sweat off in a hot summer day after flying, a faucet, or a sink of some sort, in a suitable place, like people already mentioned (besides showers).

And lastly, the little patch of grass on the North edge of parking lot, designated for dogs (and owners?) is a great idea. If only it was possible to improve it a little (bigger, grassier, maybe some shade, maybe even fence).

Great site, great club, great people!!!
By Spark
The flight park is a real treasure. It is good to know we can camp there and that there is internet access (I remember the wireless access password)

someday ... a limo service from the airport would be really cool

Serriously, I'm hoping to deliver my suggestions in person :)

Thanks!
By SkyPilot
I only have two small things to request:

(1) Jacuzzi
(2) Direct flights from Honolulu

Now, is THAT so much to ask?!? :mrgreen:
By knumbknuts
Thanks for the feedback, all.

Based on this thread, I will be altering my recommendations to the board, including:

- Let's get drinkable water down toward the LZ post-haste
- Let's get some good tent sites up quickly, too.

Grass and tent sites don't mix, since you have to water grass. But, we can do certain things to mitigate the dust.

To address some other points
- we do have glider storage, but hadn't thought of guest glider storage, which is important.
- as I mentioned, we already have wifi internet
- we can't do much about the road in and the parking lot, we don't have control of that property to that extent, even if we had the money (which we don't for paving).
By Rebardan
Spark wrote:The flight park is a real treasure. It is good to know we can camp there and that there is internet access (I remember the wireless access password)

someday ... a limo service from the airport would be really cool

Serriously, I'm hoping to deliver my suggestions in person :)

Thanks!
ONT (Ontario Ca) is only 30 minutes max away from AJX.
DxD lives in Rancho Cuc. thats like 10 minutes from the airport.
Before you fly in, post a note at the club site.
we'll get you there somehow.
By AIRHEADSHORTCUT
AJ Airpark, the XC Ranch, and the CSS is beyond a treasure and improving rapidly.

I'd like to see a Forest Service Approved fire pit to aid the after dark drinking and telling of stories (lies and exaggeration). A fireplace in the clubhouse might be cozy...but I think we are mostly outdoor types.
By pike
Ditto Dan Tucks list, except pay the extra money to use deck screws instead of nails. They wont work themselves up and tear through tent bottoms and air mattresses. And you won't be out there all the time pounding the nails back down. :ditto:

George

Also, could you move it about 1500 miles closer? Thanks.
By soarass
being the cheap bastitch I am I would even forego the mitered corners on the perimeter doublers. Just "log-cabin" the ends as butt cuts, and save yourself the time and effort. Usually get less splitting in the dry Cali air that way anyway. :thumbsup: And ditto Pike on the deck screws :mosh:
By knumbknuts
I think our best shot was that Voight kid but he seems pretty happy in Utah.
By FightingDrag
what would be odds of being able to work here for a month or two and get free lessons?

im a poor college student. and college just means im DIRT poor.
By OSCAR
How about some trash cans .and maybe a little store to at least be able to buy a beer for your friends and some Snacks. :thumbsup:
By knumbknuts
Owen just put in a shower:

http://gallery.me.com/owen​morse#100090

As it stands, we've got lots of good tent camping sites, places to park your RV, and Wifi. We also have some solar power at the LZ.

Still working on the rest, but club politics are brutal.
By g billow
I like all the ideas so far, especially the ones related to making it nice for an extended visit to the area. Such as , either camping or RV hookups with some kind of access to showers and potable water.
The only other thing I can think of is to be able to ride my dirtbike or ATV around the area on trails for entertainment for me and/or my family while not flying. Seems like there might be some around if they're not private. ???
By CHassan
I would really like to see ME there! That would be the best addition you could add, but that is just my opinion.
By SkyOrDie47
The Crestline Soaring Society and the Cross Country Ranch are separate entities. The former is a non-profit club which controls the launches and LZ and the latter is a for-profit business adjacent to the LZ. The cited items are improvements to the business.

-Stan