Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

By Felix
A dream flight!
This was the warm up day for the El Penon Classic Race, on Feb. 24, 2019
6 pilots went for the Volcano, 4 made it there, I was lucky to get high enough to take a few turns inside at the rim and then make it back to take off. The clouds were still engulfing the Volcano when we got close, so we spent about 30-45 minutes hanging out near it until we saw the peaks clear the clouds and we could fly to it.
Enjoy :)

https://youtu.be/pCfFl67Lch0

The flight on XC contest:

https://www.xcontest.org/world/en/fligh ... #fd=photos
By Rick M
Wow. I'm so jealous. What an amazing flight. I was there the first two weeks of February and we never had clouds like that. No one got near the volcano while I was there.

What a gorgeous view of the crater. You barely got out of there though. Cutting it close.

Thanks for posting that.
By Charlie Romeo
Really cool video Felix....sport gliders rock! :mosh: Thanks for posting....
By Felix
Rick M wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:30 am Wow. I'm so jealous. What an amazing flight. I was there the first two weeks of February and we never had clouds like that. No one got near the volcano while I was there.

What a gorgeous view of the crater. You barely got out of there though. Cutting it close.

Thanks for posting that.
Thanks, Guys! Glad you liked the video. I definitely loved being there. Surreal.

There were a few days while I was there when the inversion wasn't too bad and it allowed for some serious clouds to build. After I landed however, the whole area covered up and it was raining towards the Volcano. On our way there there was also rain close to the Volcano, and the peaks well in the clouds. Happy it cleared up and we could fly to it.
I wasn't worried about not making it out, but I'll admit it was a bit close... :oops: although I was at the high peaks, I could have glided through and gotten out at some much lower places along the rim (whatever is left of it)
By Roadrunner71
It looks like you had some Good Flying. I hope that after you lanced that you hd a smile on your face that lasted the rest of the Day.
By Felix
Roadrunner71 wrote:It looks like you had some Good Flying. I hope that after you lanced that you hd a smile on your face that lasted the rest of the Day.
I had a smile that lasted throughout the week, and after! :thumbsup: Once I landed I even said that even if there is no more good flying left for me there (but there was, plenty!) I would still be a happy camper, I have had my fill :)
In the competition that followed (starting the day after this flight) I had instrument and other issues that made me not perform as well as I would have expected, however it didn't take away any of the happiness I was already filled with :thumbsup:
Valle is an extraordinary place, I look forward to going back again.