Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

By DMarley
NMERider wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:34 am ...No excuse for the whack. :roll:
Is it harder to feel the trim window with the drogue deployed, or does it pass too quickly?

Hmmm...
Do I detect a slight tail wind?
Leg straps too long?
Arms too short? :P

Nice vid! Glad you're back to flying and making vids!
By NMERider
DMarley wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:50 pm
NMERider wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:34 am ...No excuse for the whack. :roll:
Is it harder to feel the trim window with the drogue deployed, or does it pass too quickly?
Hmmm...
Do I detect a slight tail wind?
Leg straps too long?
Arms too short? :P

Nice vid! Glad you're back to flying and making vids!
It's not harder to feel the trim window. Once you slow down below 20mph the drogue does very little. Some days I land well and other days I suck. My harness is well-adjusted. Watch my out-landing landing from yesterday's flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4GiB4zYc8c
By DMarley
NMERider wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:50 pm ... My harness is well-adjusted....
Jon... You understand I was merely messing, right? (terribly envious)
You do more in one flight than most pilots do in a year or many in an entire career of flying.
Totally amazing. Thank you for making these vids of your flights, Jon!
By NMERider
DMarley wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:24 am
NMERider wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:50 pm ... My harness is well-adjusted....
Jon... You understand I was merely messing, right? (terribly envious)
You do more in one flight than most pilots do in a year or many in an entire career of flying.
Totally amazing. Thank you for making these vids of your flights, Jon!
What's funny is that some of my landings have been crap lately which can be a sign of leg loops too long or arms too short but in my case it was just due to bad technique. Luckily TJW will be helping be get up the 90' training hill for launch and landing practice. Again. :lol:
By DMarley
Whoa! :shock:
Never a dull moment.
I've been monitoring my heart rate with a garmin HR monitor, and taking the GPS and pressure data from that as well. I'm amazed at my high HR at launch and especially on final approach and peaking at landing. Though, even while continuously scratching hard on a ridge in crappy, holey air, it's not so high. Gotta wonder what yours was during that glide?

Nice vert stab, er, I mean camera mount. :P
How big of a card and battery are you using? (1080p @ 30 fps?)
What is your max recording time with that?
Are you using DashWare for your vid data readouts?

Loved the vid. :mosh: :mosh:
By NMERider
DMarley wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:05 am Whoa! :shock:
Never a dull moment.
I've been monitoring my heart rate with a garmin HR monitor, and taking the GPS and pressure data from that as well. I'm amazed at my high HR at launch and especially on final approach and peaking at landing. Though, even while continuously scratching hard on a ridge in crappy, holey air, it's not so high. Gotta wonder what yours was during that glide?

Nice vert stab, er, I mean camera mount. :P
How big of a card and battery are you using? (1080p @ 30 fps?)
What is your max recording time with that?
Are you using DashWare for your vid data readouts?

Loved the vid. :mosh: :mosh:
Many years ago I flew with my Garmin Edge 305 and HRM and noticed exactly the same thing. The higher I was, the lower my HR and launch and landing sent my HR soaring. Pun intended.

I use a 128GB card and record at 1080p 30fps. Otherwise the Hero4 will not accept external power. The start-up procedure is as follows:
Have a fully charged internal battery in camera
Camera off
Plug in external power
Wait until red LED lights up
Turn on camera within 60 seconds
Start recording

I can record roughly 5-1/2 hours before both the batteries discharge. The card holds like 8-1/2 hours. I can easily get a larger battery. This one is only 5600mah. After 100 hours or so my first Hero4 stopped running on an external battery but it would run on an AC adapter that possibly does not suffer as much voltage drop. Perhaps a more modern li-ion battery would work. I don't know the answer. I'm using my second Hero4 now which works fine with the external battery. Go figure?

Anyhow, I just ordered a new set of lower keel wires for my S3 to move the control back back 1.5". The way I have it tuned, the center of lift is further aft than factory tuned and at 5'7" I don't have enough arm reach to turn it as tight as I need to stay in yesterday's super skinny thermals or gaggle with the PGs.
By Roadrunner71
Jomthan: You have never met Me. But when I am One Hundred Percent Healthy and I am Flying my Beloved Predator 158 once again. i really do think that I should load my Predator onto my Truck here in the Bay Area Town of Brentwood California. I should then make the Trip down to Southern California so that I can Hook up with some Pilots that I know. We can do some X-C Flying. Because as Anita Bryant once said: "A DAY WITHOUT X-C, IS LIKE A DAY WITHOUT SUNSHINE"

OK, well I will see you then Jonathan. Good By Chris McKeon, AKA:THE PHOENIX GUY IN THE SKY