Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

Again Mike.... Nice vid!
Are you using a remote to turn the camera on and off in order to conserve card space while recording with 4k?
What size card are you using? (gopro HB-6, correct?)

I execute the close final approach much like you (flexy), with right hand on the d-tube a bit below flaring position, left hand in the middle of the control bar. Early in this season I made the mistake of transitioning too soon, but still within ground effect, much as you did here, and was thrown a good 15 feet into the air again while landing on a somewhat-hilly rolling field, mid-day. Though the final outcome was a nice no-stepper, it could have been worse and it made me rethink my transitioning point.
On flat ground, I've always transitioned within trim-condition, the second just before the flare, and rarely had anything but nice landings, especially within not-so nice conditions. But on steep slopes I typically have transitioned just as my toes touch ground or a moment before, which has almost bit me within turby conditions a few times.

I'm retraining myself to delay transitioning until the bitter end ( trim condition), just before flare, in uphill landings, which are kinda the norm around here. Though landing uphill, it's obviously difficult to determine the ultra-short trim-condition window. On steep hills, I am always fighting with 'subconscious-guy' who seems to enjoy screaming at me to transition too soon with that wall looming above my field of view. Dammmn him! I should leave him on the ground. I have found it takes a lot of stubbornness, aggressiveness, and practice to overcome that ashat voice in my head. Though practice is hard to come by this year. Our weather bites!

You never know when you'll need that extra control.

You've obviously thought a lot about this. What are your thoughts?
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.
No, I do it manually. Really just to save on editing. (I have an external battery and a 128gb card. It will go for a long time :wink:
As great as flying is, video cant convey that . I try and take shorter clips. Keep the scene changes somewhat quick to keep the attention. (I get bored watching my own footage for too long :roll:

Yeah, I land the same with the flex most days too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i3S4mARne0

One up, one down until I feel the pressure back off ,not to far before approaching trim speed.
You just have more control to pull in. Be ready if need be to go back to the BT if you get some unexpected lift. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtWl1kKUJqo

Uphill everything happens much quicker. I transitioned sooner. (Here I transitioned just after crossing the road and ran out of speed a bit sooner than expected. It wast even that steep.
https://youtu.be/yOUZhiiZvew?t=357

I just try to be ready for the unexpected and never let my guard down. Complacency will get you!

I know enough to know, I will never know, and never know enough.