Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

What a wonderful area to fly Paicolman, here in Australia our mountains are your foothills! Beautiful,stunning and a fly for you to remember.To reduce my fatigue, I would use my v.g., even half helps a lot to reduce bar pressure when pulling in. Staying close to the basebar and lowering your front also helps to reduce tiredness.Landing was fair...just keep flairing and run under the glider so it falls behind you...I should remember to take my own advise sometimes :roll: .Thanks for posting,Col.
By andylongvq
And on this landing...

While you were going upright, you were pulling a bit on each downtube which created a bit of mild PIO while on final. You can see your glider rolling side to side a bit. The problem was, the energy that you had put into the glider that had created this mild PIO had not yet dissipated by the time you went to flare. Ie, there was still a bit of turn energy left in the glider. A slight turn/roll to the right.

So, when you went to flare, the right tip dropped first and touched the ground. And that can tend to push the nose down once the tip touches. So, going upright sooner, getting all squared away, then being as still as possible will allow all of that pilot turn input energy to dissipate away which will mean that the glider will flare evenly.

Finally, I agree with what the other pilots have pointed out. Don't push out/forward. Push up past your ears and hold your arms straight up until the glider has completely stopped all movement.

Just keep at it. You'll eventually figure it out! 8)

- Andy
By paicolman
Thanks CR and Andy for the responses. This saison has been very good to me, I managed finally to get long flights in this wonderful environment here... My landings have been ok up to these last two, I got again in the bad habit of pushing forward instead of up, and boating around on final instead of keeping up speed. Have to work on that, the flights were marvelous though...

@Andy: Thanks for the input on small PIO, did not see that until you mentioned. Will keep an eye on that, too!