Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

By waltspoint
I love to see all those pictures of the weird aviation experiments people were trying back then. Modern gliders are kind of boring in comparison, they all look the same. The Fledge really stood out as an aircraft among them. I saw a few blue & yellow sails, which reminded me of my first glider, a Chandelle Std. Ahh, happy (but crazy) times. Thanks for the memories! Push out, /jd
By blindrodie
At 5:49 there are two shots in there back-to-back from behind of a pilot flying with a burnt orange knee hanger. I'm pretty sure that's the exact knee hanger that I bought from some one off the internet. The seller sent me a pic that was like the first of the two. Did I buy it from you all those years ago?

8)
By skydog
My friend Dan Redick had a Chandelle Orange and blue in these photos. Sadly Dan Died two years ago after being in a wheelchair for almost forty years after a crash on take off from a shallow slope breaking his neck. Sad memories. Bob
waltspoint wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:34 am I love to see all those pictures of the weird aviation experiments people were trying back then. Modern gliders are kind of boring in comparison, they all look the same. The Fledge really stood out as an aircraft among them. I saw a few blue & yellow sails, which reminded me of my first glider, a Chandelle Std. Ahh, happy (but crazy) times. Thanks for the memories! Push out, /jd
By skydog
Yes Jim, That was my UP harness. Hope it worked well for you. Bob
blindrodie wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:51 am At 5:49 there are two shots in there back-to-back from behind of a pilot flying with a burnt orange knee hanger. I'm pretty sure that's the exact knee hanger that I bought from some one off the internet. The seller sent me a pic that was like the first of the two. Did I buy it from you all those years ago?

8)
By blindrodie
It worked for about 3 years until I graduated to a a Clan Roberts cocoon that my cousin gave me. It ended up being used on a long zip line that a guy put up for his kids so they could "fly". Man I love the history. Thanks again!!

8)
By ChattaroyMan
A Delta Wing Gliders Phoenix 6B on my first prone flight. This was at Steptoe Butte quite some time ago. I think the fall of 1977. Kinda neat since I most recently flew Steptoe just two days ago :)
Phoenix6BSteptoe2.jpg
Phoenix6BSteptoe2.jpg (82.77 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
By Everard
I have never seen a Wills Wing Harrier (photo in first post) in reality, but it always struck me as a good-looking wing. Were the short trailing edge battens standard or were they added later?

I assume it could not be rigged flat on the ground (see the forward-swept cross-tubes) which likely accounts its absence in the UK.

That's a nice planform of the Phoenix 6B too. I saw one of those when I was instructing in Wales in late 1976. As I recall, it had curved alloy battens when nearly all other similar types, such as the Electra Flyer Cirrus 3, used flexible battens. (Somebody correct me if I am wrong.)
By cheesehead
Those two gliders were a few years before my time and I know nothing about the Phoenix. But I've heard many old timers fondly remember their Harriers and still had them in flying condition at least until 1990. It was like a single-surface hot rod and awesome for low/narrow lift bands (ie dunes). I guess they were really tricky to land, though.