Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

By Odakyu-sen
Thanks. I hope that my example may help other pilots. I have certainly learned from my experience (that's the first time I've ever pancaked like that). Speed really is your friend.
By NMERider
Odakyu-sen wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 am Thanks. I hope that my example may help other pilots. I have certainly learned from my experience (that's the first time I've ever pancaked like that). Speed really is your friend.
The discussion on the group regarding your video seems more or less constructive to me thus far.
Cheers, Jonathan
By Jason
Where are you flying in Japan?

I've been on a tour of Japan since just before new years (Tokyo, Naha, Yonaguni, Ishigaki, and Osaka

Just got into Kyoto tonight.
By DAVE 858
NMERider wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:40 am
Odakyu-sen wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 am Thanks. I hope that my example may help other pilots. I have certainly learned from my experience (that's the first time I've ever pancaked like that). Speed really is your friend.
The discussion on the group regarding your video seems more or less constructive to me thus far.
Cheers, Jonathan
I am happy to hear you are at least open to feedback. However blunt that feedback may be, it is important try to learn as much as possible. I really think you need to ask yourself some questions about what you want out of hang gliding and why you feel you need to be flying a topless glider. I have seen a lot of people flying blade wings and they never go cross country or perform aerobatics, they are more or less "fish bowl pilots" as Jonathan likes to say. & THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT! I just don't know why one would want a topless glider in order to do that. It just doesn't make a lot of sense and IMO is more hassle than its worth. What really makes me crazy is when said fish bowl pilots on blade wings can't land for crap. From there its easy to see there is no logical reason for them to be flying a blade wing other than ego and that pisses me off.

If you are wanting to jump up to the next level of wing, for whatever reason you see fit, please get some coaching from someone who has been in the game a while and be honest with yourself in regard to your physical abilities. I would start by assessing what your goals are in hang gliding & go from there. I hope you learn from this and improve to be a highly skilled pilot in whatever discipline you choose to pursue.
By Odakyu-sen
Jason wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:17 am Where are you flying in Japan?

I've been on a tour of Japan since just before new years (Tokyo, Naha, Yonaguni, Ishigaki, and Osaka

Just got into Kyoto tonight.
I learned to fly in New Zealand. (This video was taken in the Coromandel district.) You'll love Kyoto.