Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

By flybop
Well, kinda. Yesterday was the 21st anniversary of my little plane crash. I was the passenger/photographer on an aerial photography flight that ended badly. No, it ended better than we could have ever hoped for. We both lived to fly again!

I tried to be in the air to celebrate but rain and snow showers came down the valley. I hope to fly this weekend.

I apologize for the repost, but turning 21 is a big deal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z-v7OdXGeM
By blindrodie
Happy Happy 21 Pilot!

8)
By red
flybop wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:31 am Well, kinda. Yesterday was the 21st anniversary of my little plane crash. I was the passenger/photographer on an aerial photography flight that ended badly. No, it ended better than we could have ever hoped for. We both lived to fly again!
Flybop,

Wow, lucky guy! Glad to have you here with us! Live to fly again, fly to live again. 8)

Best wishes.
By flybop
Thanks guys. From day 1 I called this the luckiest day of my life. My flying career ending was bad enough, but not flying for so long was even worse. I am so grateful that hang gliding (Which I had a lifelong interest in) was there to get me flying again!

Every flight is just so magical and inspiring. During each flight I keep thinking how lucky I am and asking, "How many people get to experience this?.

Most of all I want to thank the responders, about 75, who came up that mountain and cut down trees clearing a path for emergency vehicles, cut us out of the wreckage, flew the evac helicopter and stabilized us. Most of all, the hero that climbed into the wreckage, knowing there was a real risk of fire, and held my hand assuring me that I would be OK. There was a number of police officers involved as well.
By 426 Hemi
Fly-Bop, YOU SEEMED TO HAVE RECOVERED WELL FROM YOUR ACCIDENT. i FOR ONE SAY TO YOU MATE. The way I see it is this way. Anyone can pound in and all That. But the Good-Pilots look at what happened and they learn from their experience. They: "THE GOOD PILOTS THEN RETURN TO THE SKY.

GOOD LUCK Fly-Bop . Good By: Chris McKeon The Phoenix Guy in the SKY 925-497-1059
By Charlie Romeo
A good attitude [and keeping it] is one of the things to a happy life....You certainly have that Flybop so good fortune and great times to you :thumbsup:
By flybop
Thanks Chris and Charlie! The end of my flying career enabled me to pursue another dream of mine. I lived in Montana between high school and college. Moving back for real had been a dream from the moment I left.

After I got back on my feet I made that dream happen. I moved to Paradise Valley, Montana. I can look out my window into Yellowstone Park. My home site, the Hog Back, is 20 minutes away.

The flight at the end was off the south side. It is less than 200 feet. This was my last flight as a H2. It looks like the south side may be flyable this afternoon.
By flybop
Windlord wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:05 pm Righteous that you still can get in the air after the incident 21 years ago. :thumbsup:
Way to go Don!!!
You need to come down and fly with us next spring. Hey, that's only 7 months away...
By magentabluesky
Flybop,

We are all glad you recovered from your serious injuries and have taken flight on your own wings. As pilots, I think we have a very different prospective of the world and life. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Now, I have been looking for that house on Google Earth all afternoon. I don’t think it is still there? I found Coudersport, PA, Reese Hollow, and the Mountain Peak of 2514’, but no house. The picture is my best guess.

Many Happy Landings, Cheers!
Attachments
coudersport, pa.JPG
coudersport, pa.JPG (63.74 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
By flybop
magentabluesky wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:56 pm Flybop,

We are all glad you recovered from your serious injuries and have taken flight on your own wings. As pilots, I think we have a very different prospective of the world and life. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Now, I have been looking for that house on Google Earth all afternoon. I don’t think it is still there? I found Coudersport, PA, Reese Hollow, and the Mountain Peak of 2514’, but no house. The picture is my best guess.

Many Happy Landings, Cheers!
Thanks Magenta. I just looked for it too. The crash happened off North Hollow road. There is a dirt road, Burton Hollow, that goes up into the mountain. Looking at Burton Hollow we impacted just to the north east of the hook in the road. It does appear that the house in my photo does not exist any more.

A quick search on our N number gave me this. https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=134069

I am going back to Pa for a couple weeks next month. I just may go back and see if the hole we dug with the prop is still there. Been to the actual crash site and picked up some broken airplane pieces. I'll bring a Yiengling with me for a toast to good luck.