Post your videos as file attachments here. One video per topic please!

Moderators: sg, mods

By dievhart
Here is my fun tow into the speedgliding run at the Howl...
I tight launch (I should have had the glider picked up and the hangstrap tight) and a nice landing....
What do you think?

http://www.hanggliding.org/videos/DievAeroTowing.wmv
By GTPilot
How does prop wash factor into HG aero tows? It's a bit rough in a sail plane but what happens if you go through it on a hang glider? Is it ok?
By CHassan
I tow behind a trike all the time. it doesn't climb quite as well, and takes a tad longer to come down, but it will tow almost as slow as a Dragon Fly. (30-32Mph)
I've also towed behind a Dragon fly a few times (Quest, Cloud 9, and FreeFlight) and have not had any complaints about them.

With that all said, our club's Dragon Fly took it's maiden voyage last weekend. it has been over a year in the making, but it will soon pay off.
By GTPilot
what's the difference between a trike and a dragonfly? these are ultralights, right?

before i started poking around here, i never knew HGs could be towed.
By dievhart
yeah they are, here is a trike...

and here is a Dragonfly...

One of the main differences is that when you tow behind a dragonfly you have to keep your position "right-on"-(in the cone at all times) more of the time because you can pull the tail of the dragonfly making it impossible to fly (and you will be "given the rope"). For example if you get to high right after you take off you will be pulling the tail up and the tug needs to get it's nose up (tail DOWN) to take off so the tug can't even leave the ground :-(. The trikes pull from the undercage/seat area(center of prop), that is attached to the wing with a pivot so the tug pilot can still fly the wing if they are pulled the wrong way....to an extent of course...they will give you the rope also if you are to far out of the "cone" (picture a cone coming off the back of the tug and the HG pilot has to stay in that cone or they are told to release or given the rope...

I haven't towed behind a dragonfly, only trikes. When I do I'm wondering if I'll wish they were faster?
We have a site for NorCalAeroClub.com and it has more info on it (with a gallery of pictures and a few clips I think)
You can also see more clips/pics of towing on my site in the New Jerusalem link....enjoy
By GTPilot
those look like fun to fly themselves =)

thanks for the pics.