All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By Mr Pou
Aldpal wrote: It's a bit more than the Sport 2, so any recommendations on which one I should get?
Is this a rhetorical question? :crazy: The obvious choice is both! :mosh:

I've never flown a Super-D, but have some time in its little brother the Citabria.
By smokenjoe50
Aldpal wrote:I am close to placing an order for a new WW Sport 2 155 from Rob Mackenzie, and will of course post a shot of it here once I take delivery. In the meantime I have a chance to buy this other wing that is also yellow (mustard?). It's a bit more than the Sport 2, so any recommendations on which one I should get?
I always find it interesting that you chose a HG forum to stroke your ego. I've read post after post about how much money you have but not one HG flight report. My advice on the Sport 2 is don't wast your money you are never going to fly it anyway.
By mrcc
Aldpal wrote:I am close to placing an order for a new WW Sport 2 155 from Rob Mackenzie, and will of course post a shot of it here once I take delivery. In the meantime I have a chance to buy this other wing that is also yellow (mustard?). It's a bit more than the Sport 2, so any recommendations on which one I should get?

If I am don't mistaken that's a "powered HG" with a LD of 10:1 in glide mode.
By Aldpal
Hello Joe, Thanks for the input or advice on the Sports 2. I guess one mans attempt at humor is another mans invite for class warfare? I am a retired Firefighter/Paramedic, and the only other real paycheck or income I have had was from four years in the Marine Corps and from various investments, mostly in real estate. I have had much good luck in life but I have, through hard work, dedication and focus, earned what ever I have and I make no apologies for being in a position to enjoy the fruits of my labour. I have been flying HG, PG, sailplanes and power planes for over 20 years. Over the last three years I have been limited in what wings I can fly, due to a pending hip replacement and possibly back surgery. I am optimistic that I will soon be using my feet for landing gear soon, hence the desire for a Sport 2 although I do have several older wings. Until my medical issues are resolved I have mostly been flying sailplanes as well as super floaters and Goats which are Part 103 aircraft, and are actually Class 4 hang gliders. I suppose posting anything on the net about wings or exploits with them is an expression of some sort of ego, but rather than raining on my parade, why don't you join me for a flight some time so I can really stoke my ego. PM me if you want to go up in the Grob sometime at Elsinore, or if I am fortunate to close the deal on this Super Decathlon, I am sure even a HG jockey would get a kick out of a ride in it. Hope to see you next weekend at AJX for the WW CA demo days. See you in the air, Alan :surrender:
By lostgriz
Fresh from the good people at WW, a new custom T2C 154 for me. :mosh:

By NMERider
lostgriz wrote:Fresh from the good people at WW, a new custom T2C 154 for me. :mosh: ...
I like the custom black border inlay within the fluorescent lime. Very nice!
By lostgriz
NMERider wrote:
lostgriz wrote:Fresh from the good people at WW, a new custom T2C 154 for me. :mosh: ...
I like the custom black border inlay within the fluorescent lime. Very nice!
Thanks JD, I am really happy with how it turned out.
By mrcc
lostgriz wrote:Fresh from the good people at WW, a new custom T2C 154 for me. :mosh:

NICE I like :thumbsup:

Roughly what are we likely to pay for a similar new glider ?
At the moment the US$ is sliding away from NZ $, but on the other hand closing in on with the Aust $.
Therefore I need to compare apples with apples.
By zamuro
Very nice looking glider !! :drool:
By lostgriz
The Litespeed and T2C are pretty close in price, Apples to Apples. this glider has a bunch of little custom options including fabric, sail design, sewn with all black thread, etc. That push the price. This glider also has some options that aren't on a Litespeed, like the speed battens and raked tips. if you get the two gliders built with similar options, the price is pretty close.
By Avolare
Beautiful! I hope to see it Friday at WS.
BTW, you look shorter in the first picture than I remember.
By lostgriz
Avolare wrote:Beautiful! I hope to see it Friday at WS.
BTW, you look shorter in the first picture than I remember.
I may be there....
By Mr Pou
First pics of my new Horizon 180, I picked it up Saturday morning. Sorry about the crummy iphone pictures, I hope to have some better ones with a better camera soon!

I flew it from the 125ft training hill, I didn't notice much difference in launch from the Falcon, but sure noticed a difference in the air! This thing glides! At trim, it seems like it few twice as far as a Falcon, and it surely will fly faster on a speed run. Turns were nice and easy. My first two landings were firm wheel landings, but after that I got it sorted and had some nice foot landings. I cleared in six flights, broke down, and headed to the mountain. Sadly, with that tropical storm off the east coast we had tailing winds the rest of the day Saturday and on and off rain Sunday. So, hopefully I'll fly her from the mountain next weekend.

Attachments
IMG_1114.JPG
IMG_1114.JPG (500.15 KiB) Viewed 2320 times
IMG_1112.JPG
IMG_1112.JPG (601.96 KiB) Viewed 2315 times
IMG_1111.JPG
IMG_1111.JPG (632.52 KiB) Viewed 2315 times
IMG_1110.JPG
IMG_1110.JPG (569.02 KiB) Viewed 2323 times
By pec1985
Mr Pou wrote:First pics of my new Horizon 180, I picked it up Saturday morning. Sorry about the crummy iphone pictures, I hope to have some better ones with a better camera soon!
Very nice looking glider!
I also love the garage wall mount, very neat. I would put some padding, extremely cheap at the Home Depot, http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-3-4 ... 760815-_-N
By Mr Pou
pec1985 wrote:Very nice looking glider!
I also love the garage wall mount, very neat. I would put some padding
Thanks, I will stop by on the way home tonight to get some padding for the shelf brackets.
By remmoore
Mr Pou wrote:
pec1985 wrote:Very nice looking glider!
I also love the garage wall mount, very neat. I would put some padding
Thanks, I will stop by on the way home tonight to get some padding for the shelf brackets.
I would go one simple step further, and make it a real shelf. Use inexpensive 1x12, or plywood, or many other materials you might already have around the house to provide your wing with continuous support. While full-length support isn't good for transport, it's the best for storage. You've already got the brackets up - finish the job and make your glider very happy.

RM
By Mr Pou
remmoore wrote:I would go one simple step further, and make it a real shelf. Use inexpensive 1x12,
OK, I'll do that, thanks!
By Takeo77
Here's my bought-used WW Sport 2 155, it flies fantastic =). The RC glider is a Flyzone Calypso with a Turnigy GliderDrive 1120kv motor and a CC Thunderbird 36 ESC. Both are regulars in the skies over Fort Funston. 8)
Attachments
11934985_10153578509963841_2049168811966465888_n.jpg
11934985_10153578509963841_2049168811966465888_n.jpg (113.08 KiB) Viewed 5736 times