All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By CHassan
Only on a PG! :shock:
By rallyant
ahhh hhahahahahahaha nice one! or were you been serious?

I know how i feel after a few hrs in a car.. hell i have fallen asleep laying under my car while working on it many times! i can just seem me peasfully looking down at the view in my airborne bed and dozing off one of these days :)
By tizeagle
If you are falling asleep brother, your doing it wrong. :lol:
By HuttoRhino
I am excited every minute that I can spend in the air. I can't imagine falling asleep in the air! :shock:
By rallyant
OH i dont think it will ever be a problem. but hell i know ppl that have fallen asleep during sex! (and no not with me)

I spoke to a couple of gliders after they landed from 4 hr pluss flights and there where complaining about been saw and tired after that long in the air.

not a big problem im sure but with all these ppl flyin around in sleepingbags i just wanderd if there were any storys of it hapening.
By CHassan
I wasn't serious :twisted:

There is noway you should fall asleep. I think HG is to active. That would be like Tiger Woods falling asleep as he tee's off on the back nine. Bret Farve falling asleep after he drops back (though some might claim he does fall asleep at times). It's unlikely that it happens.

Also If you are that tired at launch then you should not launch.
If you are in the air and realize you are getting that tired, you should not have launched, or landed a long time ago.
If you have a condition (narcolepsy (sp?)) that might cause you to simply fall asleep, you should not be flying, at least not solo!
By HGXC
I have never fallen asleep but I have had a defibrillator go off while i was thermalling and got knocked out for a few minutes. It was funny cause I had just entered a house thermal on my ATOS and banked it up and then WHAM! The damn defib went off big time and knock me silly. I continued to hold the bar in the right angle and the glider continued to climb. i started to get my wits about me when I entered the white room and pull the bar to scoot out the side.

It took me a while to realize and put together what happened. Thank God i don't have to worry about that thing anymore. :roll:
By tizeagle
Damn warning label :twisted:

They need to put a warning on this thing "DO NOT HG WITH DEFIB UNIT" CAN DISRUPT GPS AND BRAIN WAVES. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
By T2
WOW HGXC
How long was that "Min."???? I sure hope the house thermal wasn't off Rodgers Rock ehhhhhhhhhhh .... Your way too close to the MT there..........
I've never fallen asleep behind the bar But! have dreamed about a flight
while holding it ..... Does that count
:lol:
By HGXC
>I sure hope the house thermal wasn't off Rodgers Rock

Yep! I say I climbed from 2800 to 6500 and averaged about 300+ per minute so about 12 minutes.

I have fallen asleep at bars before but this was the only time with a HGer :lol: