All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By marcglider
About 6 months ago I found myself feeling overly tired during the day... A friend thought I may have low testosterone, but after looking into the issue, I found I was kind of in a perpetual state of de-hydration. I started using/trying different products (pedialyte, drip-drops, etc), and it was a total change in my energy and not feeling tired anymore.

The reason I am writing this is when I fly, I used to find myself being very thirsty, and drinking a lot of water in-flight would make me need to pee as well as get tired and loose some focus. My recent flights after drinking a bottle of water mixed with a "hydration multiplier" (they advertise one bottle of water = 3) have been GREAT. I didn't have the urge to drink much in-flight, didn't need to pee, and absolutely no sign of being tired from possible de-hydration. I plan on using it with every flight from now on... hope this may help...
By DMarley
When it calls, whip it out. (I don't rhyme)

I always get thirsty right after launching. I carry about 3/4 liter of water to sip on within a Camel Bag in my harness. Have not yet needed to whip it out, but that is THE option. I know of at least one older pilot that always loosens his fly before launch.