All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

Hi Guys: You will notice my the Title of this post: "Mental Masturbation" One would think that if I were a Sane, thinking individual, that not be sitting here thinking about flying ever again. I mean: I sit here at my Computer. i am sitting here, I sit upon my Brains. I think about flying. As the title of my Post States. I am committing a terrible act here. Hell the act that I am talking about is my thinking about Flying. I can think of flying constantly. That is why I coined the term: "Mental Masturbation". If I am not finagling myself into a flight in a Grobe Sailplane, then I am thinking about flying. I mean:
Thinking about flying constantly, this is Mental Masturbation. I really do find myself thinking about flying all the Time. Even though my flying my Predator on March 28th 2010 almost killed me. I think about flying my Predator every day.

Well next Saturday I hope to go over to Pittsburg California where I will make steps towards my flying an R-C Glider. Well the way I see it, I will not be Masturbatting. Also controlling the Glider with the Control Box should help me regain usage of my left hand. Yes, I think that working the Controls will help improve the ability of my left hand to operate. Just ass my typing has helped my digits to function. I am also going to acquire a Manual typewriter. I believe that typing upon a manual typewriter will be a boom towards my regaining my left hands digits to function in a Better way. es, I have found myself forms of physical therapy that seem to work for me. I have found do activities such as Typing, Playing the Guitar. Hell, writing a Letter using my left hand are all forms, Tools for Physical recovery. I must regain the manual dexterity in my Left hand. then i will be able to accomplish some things I want to be able to do. Goals that I have set for myself such as : Typing a Hundred and twenty one words per minute, or more. Flying an R-C Glider one Hundred miles or more.
By red
Roadrunner71 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:50 pm
Well next Saturday I hope to go over to Pittsburg California where I will make steps towards my flying an R-C Glider . . . Also controlling the Glider with the Control Box should help me regain usage of my left hand. Yes, I think that working the Controls will help improve the ability of my left hand to operate. Just ass my typing has helped my digits to function. I am also going to acquire a Manual typewriter. I believe that typing upon a manual typewriter will be a boom towards my regaining my left hands digits to function in a Better way.
Chris,

Rather than a manual typewriter, an electronic piano keyboard might be a lot more fun and enjoyable for you. The more you enjoy doing the "work" with your hands, the less like work it will be. 8)

You can often pick up a decent Yamaha or Casio piano keyboard at the thrift shops for a few dozen bucks; manual typewriters today may cost antique prices, and parts would be very scare and expensive.

The electric pianos today will have many "voices" such as flute, trumpet, or violin, and a metronome. Some even have a rhythm section to help you sound like a band. You can download the full owners manuals for most of them on-line, so you can do more with the instrument.

You should learn a lot on the RC "buddy box," when you get the chance. Sure, the new RC guy gets into trouble at times, but that is when the "buddy" can easily save the plane for you. I have taught a fair number of new RC pilots with a "buddy box," and the plane is still good. Relax and enjoy it. Bring a baseball hat and sunglasses to the RC field.
To Red, and other Pilots on this Forum:

Hello Red and Others. I will definitely being pursuing Flying an R-C. For I know from personal experience that I will benefit from the experience of flying an R-C. I want to definitely do My first Flights using a Buddy Box system.

I am going down a road through life where I do not have a Road Map. I am pursuing my full recovery. I really do mean that. I want both a Physical recovery, I also want to achieve a full Mental recovery. I use device's to achieve that end. Like sitting down here thinking about what I want to say. Then typing it out. This applies to my my Guitar Playing also. Mere Months ago, I could not form Choords with my left hand. I am now going from Chord to Chord strumming away. I also now aqm no able to Pick my way through the Pentatonic Scale.
By red
Chris,

Each step is a good one. We are cheering for you!

Keep on keeping on. 8)
So Red:

I am going to start looking for an electronic Key board to buy. I believe that you mentioned Brands such as Casio, and Yamaha. So just like a Good Recovering Phoenix Pilot should, and needs to do. I will hopefully be able to procure a Keyboard , also I want to get my Hands on a old fashioned Manual typewriter . When it comes to rebuilding my Manual Hand and my Finger Dexterity. I can not have 2 many tools that I will be able to use.

As far as my getting a manual typewriter goes. I am hoping that someone will get ahold of me and say some like this. I have an old remington typewriter down in the Basement . Your Welcome to it.

Regarding my getting a Keyboard. I think that I will need to go out and Buy one of those Yamaha's or Casio's.

Thanks Guys: Good By Chris
well my Friend Bud has set me up with a royal brand Typewriter . I believe that I will benefit regarding my muscle control of my Left Hand. It is hard for me to believe that my Father typed at something like 121 words per Minute!

I guess since were halfway through the comp, if an[…]

Well done mate for keeping a calm head space... […]

Training hill.

Hope you're still on here. Where is that training […]

Thanks Felix, where i live about 1hr south of the […]