All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By Roadrunner71
Well, Tomorrow I believe that I very well might just Take another step towards regaining My access to have well some sort of an Aircraft to Fly. For Tomorrow I will go to a local Hobby Shop, "Delta Hobby" Where I hopeful;l y I will be able to purchase a Remote Control Glide.. i so want to fly, Heck, i so want to Fly! I would fly a general aviation Aircraft. i would, and I have flown a hang-glider, a Sailplane. I might some day fly a helicopter. Heck if it fly's, I find myself wanting to fly it. But there is one thing that I will "NEVER EVER FLY" the Air-craft that I will: "NEVER< NEVER EVER FLY" is a Paraglider. For I will never have the Gut's to take the Risk of flying a Para Glider. I just Come up smallin the huge Testicle Department.
By waltspoint
Try rubbing them. They should get a bit bigger. Actually you're right. My wife doesn't mind me hanggliding, but she'd never be happy if I took up paragliding. Just too dangerous, she knows it. Still, I'd like to try it. Them bag flyers are getting some pretty great flights these days. /jd

Oh, and I hope you have a good time with your upcoming RC. I think they're really great fun. Flying them, I almost feel like I'm up in the sky with them. Don't get discouraged when you crash it. That's what happens, especially at first. Then you fix it or get another one. Cheers!
By Roadrunner71
Well,there is an R-C Club in a Town that is close to where I live in. The Club has meetings the second Saturday of Each Month of each Month. So, guess where I will be on Saturday September 8th?

Well, I spoke to Two of the Clubs members on the Phone last night, {NIGEL and BOB] . They both put a smile on my Face by talking to me about how They would help me with my flying an R-C . I talked to them about using what I had heard about on this Hang Gliding Dot ORG Site., A Buddy-Box set-up so that I will not pound in on my first flights.

Well, I hope to be doing some Flying next Saturday.

Talking with Nigel and Bob on the phone last night had me feeling like I was talking with some of You guys regarding my beginning to Fly R-C Gliders. This talk had me thinking that I was on vacation in a neighboring State to where I live in Brentwood California. I have done just that. I have been down in Arizona on a Trip, a trip for activities other than flying. I have had local Pilots Bend over Backwards to help me get back into the Air. We are all part of a Family. A: { Flying Family}
By BubbleBoy
Roadrunner71 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:48 am ...there is one thing that I will "NEVER EVER FLY" the Air-craft that I will: "NEVER< NEVER EVER FLY" is a Paraglider.
That's too bad.

It might well be that the very best and safest chance for you to fly again is in perfectly suited conditions in a PG.

JB
By Roadrunner71
It might well be that the very best and safest chance for you to fly again is in perfectly suited conditions in a PG.

Read more: viewtopic.php?t=36146#ixzz5PunJ5GJt

i am shocked that you would say Words such as "safest" . Or that it would be the Very best and safest chance for me to fly again. I mean you are talking about a Paraglider after all. Can you say : "A-symmetrical collapse? I believe that the word Safe and Paragliding should never be spoken in the same sentence together. Paragliding being described as a Safe Form of Flying, John are you nuts?
By DMarley
Roadrunner71 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:33 am It might well be that the very best and safest chance for you to fly again is in perfectly suited conditions in a PG.

Read more: viewtopic.php?t=36146#ixzz5PunJ5GJt

i am shocked that you would say Words such as "safest" . Or that it would be the Very best and safest chance for me to fly again. I mean you are talking about a Paraglider after all. Can you say : "A-symmetrical collapse? I believe that the word Safe and Paragliding should never be spoken in the same sentence together. Paragliding being described as a Safe Form of Flying, John are you nuts?
Chris, I completely agree with you!
All one need do to convince one's self of PG instability at maiming heights is to read that one article in the latest ushPa-issued rag. A female pilot severely wrecked her body after falling from 20 ft or so after her canopy reacted negatively to a small gust. :crazy:
I didn't read the whole article, and merely scanned through the rag in about three minutes. (useless rag :crazy: )
Anyway, it's an article that well-highlights the bad stuff that can happen to a human flying those death-bags.

P.S. Not that I want to add to the ragging and chewing on the ushpa after the last batch of negativity towards it has simmered down, but.....
Does anyone else have the bad taste in their mouths from scanning through that mag as I have?
I'd rather not spend the $6.95 per issue (~ $41.70 / year)... that would take a small chunk out of our $150 yearly 'dues.' IMHO, Unless you're biwingal or a pg pilot, the rag has very little useful info for HG pilots. It's a big disappointment once every two months!
By Roadrunner71
Really, I mean REALLY! The idea that flying a Paraglider would be considered a safe activity that I could choose to get myself back up into the Sky is a crazy thought. I did feel safe when I had the two Sailplane Flights in that Grobe Sailplane, The Grobe Sailplane that I Flew. Talk about PERFORMANCE! I was amazed by the Performance of that Aircraft. Well yes, I did indeed feel safe when I was flying that Sailplane. For I flew that Grobe Sailplane with my Instructor sitting in the back. I did while we were under Tow experience some P-I-O rolling, Rolling that at one point had to ask Mikeal to settle the Aircraft back down regarding the Aircrafts Pilot induced oscillations caused by Me needed to be settled Down. But other than when the Sail-plane was rolling port and Starboard. It was I who flew the Glider the entire flight, including the landing.

So yes, I will fly my Predator. I will fly a Sailplane, I will fly a G-A Aircraft, an old Warbird. I have even been looking into flying an R-C But regarding fly a Paraglider. For me to fly a paraglider I will first need to under go a Medical procedure,. That Procedure would be for me to undergo a Testical Transplant. Yes I will need some extremely large Testicles.

But yes in order to fly a Paraglider I will need to be fitted with some great Big Balls! I simply Love to Fly. But I must be honest with myself. To Fly a Paraglider. I do not have what it takes. Yes I will just come out and say it: My Balls are way too small. I am inadequate.