All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By Roadrunner71
I'm an Hang Gliding Pilot who took to the Air for the First time at Coastal flying sites down in that Great Country New Zealand. I escaped our Cold Winter By taking a Plane flight down to New Zealand during our Winter here in California our winter herein the Northern Hemisphere as you know happens every year, with December-January being a very Winter time for us here in California. Well, I got onto a 747 over at S-F-O And I was off and running. Well I then ended up in Auckland New Zealand where my friend Mike Picked me up at the Auckland Airport. Well we drove, {Note: It is true down there they drive on the Left Side of the Road. Well we headed to Mike's flat in Papakura. Where I settled in for a Very enjoyable stay. Well, I always wanted to fly Hang-Gliders. So I looked around and spoke with some Locals. I soon got the Names off some Blokes who were instructing people with their aspirations to achieve free flight. Well soon I found myself in a Training Harness on a Sand dune doing a Hang-Check. I picked the Glider up with the nose pointed into the wind. Balanced the wing . Called Clear! I then ran into the Air! What a Glorious feeling-! It still is, for me. Well after I somewhat made some decent Launch and landings I progressed to the taking my First Cliff Launch. I'm Sorry, But I do not know the Name of that launch. Maybe it was called Kariotahi? Maybe, just maybe my old H-G instructor Glenn Meadows will read this and give me a hand with my memory here. My Arm is longer than my memory.

Well ever since my journey to New Zealand where I first took to the Air. I have done my best to keep myself up in the air.
Good By Chris McKeon: CCMCK@GOLDSTATE.NET