All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By cheesehead
I posted a "wanted" ad on Oz for a mini audio-only used vario. Someone is wiling to sell me his "Leaf" for $25. I searched the net pretty thoroughly, but info was scarce. There's the Leaf website, and the only other hit I made was on YouTube. The website is very outdated and shows a mini vario with far more features than just beeping in lift. It looked nothing like the much simpler, but adequate for me, one on the YouTube video. Can anyone give me any information regarding this?
By miraclepieco
For $25 who cares? At that price there's virtually no risk. Even if it's junk you haven't lost much. Buy it already.
By Lucky_Chevy
I bought a skybean for $82. I mounted it inside my helmet because I can't hear my vario at times. It works great and is super simple, just one button and no screen.
By cheesehead
miraclepieco wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:10 pm For $25 who cares? At that price there's virtually no risk. Even if it's junk you haven't lost much. Buy it already.
I agree. He's even covering shipping. Just thought what little info. I found about it was odd.
By cheesehead
Lucky_Chevy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:56 pm I bought a skybean for $82. I mounted it inside my helmet because I can't hear my vario at times. It works great and is super simple, just one button and no screen.
When I started PG too, I bought one like that for at least that much--a Ball Cricket, which still works. But $25 sounds much better to me. Owner says it's got less than one hour of use. Unless it REALLY sucks or stops working after 5 flights, I will have gotten my money's worth.
By cheesehead
Just a follow-up: I bought the Leaf and haven't flown with it yet, but did play around with it. It's great! I got a bargain. Thank God there was a YouTube video guide to it, because I got no manual, and a few functions would have been mysterious features for a long time. I'm pretty sure they're out of production/closed company, but I'll get my money's worth if it lasts for a few flights. Thanks for telling me to spend my damn money.