All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By DMarley
I would hope Bob and the ushap would both be open to reasonable expectations and ground rules for repatriation. I believe there could be less angst and division among pilots.
By BubbleBoy
Seahawk wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:45 am Indeed. And if/when the GGNRA grants permissions for non USHPA members to fly then what is the reaction by the USHPA?
My response to that question would be "Who cares?". If one has permission from the landowner all else it chaff.

JB
By BubbleBoy
JoeFaust posts:

The GGNRA/NPS only have jurisdiction over the land ... not the airspace. The Fellow Feathers / NPS would rather you really not know this so they can maintain the charade (and they've lied about it forever).

Fly your PG (or whatever) through that airspace all you wish. People do it somewhat regularly with no consequences because ... well ... it's perfectly legal.

JB
By mgforbes
I find it a bit amusing that Joe seems to think I'm in charge of how USHPA operates. No...I'm just a director who's willing to participate in this forum and attempt (unsuccessfully in some notable cases) to inject some facts into the hyperbolic discussion. I have one vote on the board, just like the other 25 directors.

And now, back to Joe's rant-fest....
MGF
By DMarley
LoganR wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:32 pm If I vote in favor.... does that help?
Oh, so now you would like to vote? For the most disruptive person ever in the existence of ushpa? Who has shown only disdain for the ushpa since he was asked to refrain from vehemently working against it, multiple, and repeated times before he was asked to leave? And to this very second remains in ardent opposition to and openly mocks everything the ushpa stands for? Is that the vote you wish to cast? You, without any desire of belonging to the organization?

:roflcat:
By magentabluesky
. . .
Logan,

You would have a lot more pull if you were a member of the USHPA. Given your past conflicts, I can certainly understand your position.

As members of the USHPA, one of the roles of the Regional Director is as a neutral arbitrator when conflicts arise between members.

I personally offer you an open invitation to be a member of the USHPA, but either way, I will always support you in your endeavors of flight.

It is the policy of the USHPA to be inclusive.

Be Safe

Michael Grisham
By idahoDal
Does FAR 103 relate to flight only or does it omit launching (I believe landing is covered differently right?). Isn't this how PG's are fine to fly the coast near/around Funston but need to launch from the Dumps? Use of the LAND vs. use of the AIR ?
By LoganR
DMarley wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:25 pm
Oh, so now you would like to vote? For the most disruptive person ever in the existence of ushpa? Who has shown only disdain for the ushpa since he was asked to refrain from vehemently working against it, multiple, and repeated times before he was asked to leave? And to this very second remains in ardent opposition to and openly mocks everything the ushpa stands for? Is that the vote you wish to cast? You, without any desire of belonging to the organization?

:roflcat:
Yea.... I just think qualified pilots should be able to fly their public land. What's wrong with that?
By LoganR
idahoDal wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:53 pm Does FAR 103 relate to flight only or does it omit launching (I believe landing is covered differently right?). Isn't this how PG's are fine to fly the coast near/around Funston but need to launch from the Dumps? Use of the LAND vs. use of the AIR ?
FAR 103 includes launching in that you do not need a license to do so. Air facilities are designed to accommodate certain types of craft, therefore an air facility can and is expected to regulate what can launch and land. NPS has no jurisdiction over airspace, so they are using USHPA to do it for them. I can, as a private pilot, fly from the dumps to Funston (excluding restricted airspace) and fly back in either HG or PG. USHPA can expel you, but neither NPS or the FAA can do anything about it.
By Seahawk
BubbleBoy wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:45 pm
Seahawk wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:45 am Indeed. And if/when the GGNRA grants permissions for non USHPA members to fly then what is the reaction by the USHPA?
My response to that question would be "Who cares?". If one has permission from the landowner all else it chaff.

JB
Good points.