All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By Seahawk
NMERider wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:25 am My sympathy for the young lady's family and and friends. I hope the negligent and dishonest instructor in Tucumán, Argentina pays for his sins. Reminds me of this tragedy: http://youtu.be/lWfNRIONXDE
That video is just heart breaking! What a sad sad day this has become.
By Seahawk
NMERider wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:10 am
Seahawk wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:36 am...That video is just heart breaking! What a sad sad day this has become.
Didn't mean to bring you down any further. Did you know the young lady, friends or family from either Germany or Argentina?
Victims of incompetence, negligence, cowardice? Yes, I know them.
By Skyvine
Why is this back? The accident and fatality was in 2012. That is over 5 years ago. Yes, a tragedy, but why bring it up again now?
By Seahawk
Skyvine wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:04 am Why is this back? The accident and fatality was in 2012. That is over 5 years ago. Yes, a tragedy, but why bring it up again now?
By NMERider
Skyvine wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:04 am Why is this back? The accident and fatality was in 2012. That is over 5 years ago. Yes, a tragedy, but why bring it up again now?
This thread is about a tandem PG FTHI fatality that occurred early this year. It's similar to a tandem HG FTHI fatality that occurred not that long ago. There was a Brazilian tandem HG FTHI incident in which the instructor was the FTHI and he threw his reserve leaving the American tourist passenger to flop around into the trees. They were both safely rescued and the non-dissuaded passenger still wanted his ride the next day. That's the spirit!
By Skyvine
Ok, so we have two different accidents. I just didn't understand the video of the woman falling to her death in Canada from 2012.

These are clearly accidents that should not have happened.

Each of us are not only responsible for our own actions, but how our actions impact others. Aviation has some inherent risks, but when we choose to fly with others along for the experience, the flight is no longer for us. It is for the other person(s) we are piloting for. Every single thing we do from preflight to post-flight should be about them, their safety, and a positive experience. Sometimes the pressure to pay the bills gets in the way of remembering who the flight is ultimately for.