All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

Hi guys,
It’s been a while since I posted here. Had a huge accident upon landing about a year ago now but now I’m finally getting back into things - managed to take some launches/landings off the training hill a couple weeks ago and felt great to be back!

Just purchased another harness - my old one was cut off me by EMTs in the crash and unfortunately they left nothing to be said for the harness, or the end of my parachute bridle.

Does anyone have any good/reliable people they know who do stiching work on webbing? All I need is the bridle end double backed and stiched so I have a loop for the carabiner. I was thinking of doing the stiching myself but it’s probably not the best place to learn out to stitch webbing for the first time ...

Thanks for any info!

- Joe Stearn
Welcome back Joe!
Please find a certified parachute rigger to repair your reserve bridle if you want to live. You can also try either Wills Wing if the chute is a LARA or High Energy Sports if it's a Quantum although they'd probably happy to repair the other manufacturer's bridle if asked.
BTW - I was thinking of you while heatgun roasting some Costa Rican La Minita Tarrazu the other day.
Cheers,
JD
Thanks guys.

I’ve contacted Bluesky so I’ll see what they say. I think Wills mainly does sails and would rather have dealers do that kind of work.

Also, La Minita is a coffee powerhouse - we have bags of their Tarrazu and Kenya at the moment, really good stuff. Glad to hear you’re still at it!
Bouyo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:55 pm Thanks guys.

I’ve contacted Bluesky so I’ll see what they say. I think Wills mainly does sails and would rather have dealers do that kind of work.

Also, La Minita is a coffee powerhouse - we have bags of their Tarrazu and Kenya at the moment, really good stuff. Glad to hear you’re still at it!
Wills Wing builds harnesses which are sewn using the same materials, thread and machines as reserve bridles. I'm sure you can find a local service that can do the job while you wait.

It's not easy for a home roaster to find really good La Minita green beans. Luckily the batch that roastmasters.com has came out very good. Right now I'm enjoying Panama Geisha as I type this.

I hope you have full recovery of your spine and pilots learn to keep safety ahead of convenience especially when flying while fatigued.