All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By airpig
I really like the look of the xwings hero harness and was seriously contemplating ordering one in the near future, but being in Australia it's impossible to see one in the flesh. Just wanted to get some feedback on what to expect if anyone on here has flown one or seen one up close. Even if it's not the Hero version and it's one of their other harness's, it would be interesting to get people's thoughts on the quality of workmanship and how comfortable they are to fly in and any issues they may have
By miraclepieco
Wow, it sure looks like a super clean, well-made harness. And in the Facebook video the pilot is able to get quite upright for landing. Being made in Brazil, it's probably no coincidence that it has many similarities to the Rotor.
By MatheusBrazil
I am thinking about get one of that HERO harness! Buuut I dont know know if it is comfortable and good in performance, I just know the design is the strong point... Some people says that the havana rotor is one of the bests and does not pay the risk to get another!
I search in the internet and I cant find anything about that, so if anyone can help I would be very grateful!
By remmoore
A flying buddy of mine is the US distributor for these harnesses, and I've gotten a good look at them. They seem well-built and modern, incorporating most of the very latest components one sees in harnesses from the larger manufacturers. He and I are very differently sized, so I haven't flown one, but it looks very sleek in the air.

I'll let him know about this topic, and he'll likely respond.

RM
By Soperman
I tried to try the XWings Hero, but it turned up 4 months late and doesn't fit : (

XWings is refusing to issue a refund or bear the full cost of a modification, leaving me out of pocket with an unusable harness. The build quality looks reasonable, but that is little consolation when I cannot get my feet inside it.
At the start of June 2022 I decided to buy a new harness, the primary consideration being whether it could arrive before the final competition of the season in mid August. XWings initially quoted a 120 day lead time. When I lost interest, this miraculously shrunk to 35 days, by remodelling a “60% complete” harness. Tempted further by the custom graphics and competitive price, I sent over the graphics I had in mind (I'd wrapped them around a rudimentary CAD model of the harness) and was met with an enthusiastic response and promise of an expedited service. Foolishly, I was persuaded to part with the full sum of money up front.
Amazonian explorer Peter Fleming wrote in 1933, “Delay in Brazil is a climate. You live in it, you can’t get away from it. There is nothing to be done about it.” This is one climate that shows no sign of changing. The graphic design should’ve taken no more than “8 days”. After 23 days of back and forth, it eventually converged on what I’d sent in the first place. Despite assuring me, “I intend to have everything ready by the 10th [August], at the latest on the 12th, to be able to send,” it was November 11th before XWings finally dispatched the harness. Queries were generally ignored, parried with “I'll get back to you in a few minutes” (read “days”) or met with an unimaginative selection of excuses, from “national holiday” (seemingly every other day) to the trusty classic: “computer problems”.
At long last, the harness arrived in time for Christmas. I dared to hope that it would be worth the wait. Unfortunately, the footwell is 40 mm too small in height and width to accommodate my (completely unexceptional) feet. Naturally, XWings blamed my footwear (a standard pair of outdoor trainers), even though the harness does not match the measurements I sent, insisting that only “tennis” shoes may be worn by competition hang glider pilots. Quite coincidentally, I actually play tennis regularly in the very same shoes, but still the harness does not fit.
It is coming up to 8 months since I sent “more than 1 month's pay to a random guy on the other side of the world” on trust, a trust that has been well and truly betrayed. Relations have worsened, I still have no racing harness to wear to the world championships this summer, there is very little scope for bodging at this end, XWings is refusing to arrange postage back to the factory for modification (anyhow I would probably not see the harness again this year, if at all, if I sent it back), and no refund is forthcoming, so I cannot redeploy the capital on a harness that actually fits from another supplier. Rather than seeking to colour your judgement of XWings by venting spleen from my keyboard, I instead link our messaging transcript (https://www.soper.tech/dox/Transcript_XWings.html), so you can make up your own mind whether to trust this particular artisan with your money and ultimately, your life.