All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By blindrodie
:shock: :twisted:

8)
By FMAN
Mark,

That might seem like a good launch to someone who doesn't know any better. You're doing pretty good for someone who has been self teaching though. It's really shocking to me that there isn't other pilots near you. Seems like there should be. :|
By FMAN
You want to be in control of your glider close to the terrain as much as possible.

What is your plan in case of an accident? What's up with your T2?
By day dreamer
I counted negative ground speed for at least two minutes and some change!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Dude...
By Phoenix
Brave, but foolish! Get out front, before you get blown back! Don't look like the beach on a nice laminar day!
By Willmrx
Why are you trying to kill yourself? :crazy:
By TomGalvin
You are using up your luck at a fast pace. I would encourage you to stop flying alone, get more instruction and find a seasoned pilot for mentoring before it runs out.
By mark selner
FMAN wrote:Mark,

That might seem like a good launch to someone who doesn't know any better. You're doing pretty good for someone who has been self teaching though. It's really shocking to me that there isn't other pilots near you. Seems like there should be. :|
i think im the only one in the high desert that fly`s i ask from time to time but well its hard i gus i live along way from any flyers :cry:
By mark selner
FMAN wrote:You want to be in control of your glider close to the terrain as much as possible.

What is your plan in case of an accident? What's up with your T2?
ahhh im afraid to fly it for now. first i want nice conditions.
By red
mark selner wrote:but the year is just starting http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... cOpyH8YtKM :)
Mark,

That quality of launch can get you hurt, or worse. Needs more footprints.
Glider PIOs when going fast, don't it? (The P stands for Pilot.)
Everybody here wants to see you succeed, please believe that.
Not many here are hopeful about that outcome.
What you do not know is what is dangerous.
If it were me, I'd drive a long way, to learn what is needed to avoid getting racked up.
A mentor now could preserve your health, and/or life.

Best wishes.
By mark selner
day dreamer wrote:I counted negative ground speed for at least two minutes and some change!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Dude...
i could of had more dive but i just kept going up.
By mark selner
Phoenix wrote:Brave, but foolish! Get out front, before you get blown back! Don't look like the beach on a nice laminar day!
i want to go to the beach.i first seen gangliders at a place called marina beach by monteray about 1986 and wish i had started back then.but those dirt bikes had to look so fun.darn it.
By mark selner
Paraglider Collapse wrote:Strong conditions but you handled it with aplomb!
didnt seem too bad.felt great.
By mark selner
Willmrx wrote:Why are you trying to kill yourself? :crazy:
nope.
By mark selner
TomGalvin wrote:You are using up your luck at a fast pace. I would encourage you to stop flying alone, get more instruction and find a seasoned pilot for mentoring before it runs out.
well lets go fly :thumbsup:
By mark selner
red wrote:
mark selner wrote:but the year is just starting http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... cOpyH8YtKM :)
Mark,

That quality of launch can get you hurt, or worse. Needs more footprints.
Glider PIOs when going fast, don't it? (The P stands for Pilot.)
Everybody here wants to see you succeed, please believe that.
Not many here are hopeful about that outcome.
What you do not know is what is dangerous.
If it were me, I'd drive a long way, to learn what is needed to avoid getting racked up.
A mentor now could preserve your health, and/or life.

Best wishes.
ya the rocking back and forth i could fight it but i enjoy it.i kinda go with it.it dose have a right turn.some one said. i agree.i will fly with in my limits ive gone upto launch and didnt launch because it was to windy
By Eteamjack
Wow! From my perspective that was a very entertaining flight.

:shock: :shock: :shock: