All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By noman3
If your ready for what this sport is all about ,FLYING!!!.Mcclure is dishing out some good stuff this month.4000ft is the norm and xc has been alive again,come 1 come all lets have a ball!!!.We will leave all bickering on the ground and get high.
By Skyhighwoman
You guys have fun I am going to try to have some fun locally. I am hoping for two days starting today.

Miss you guys!!

I'll be there in the next couple of weeks!!
By Windlord
I wish I was closer, Noman, I'd be there just about everyday.
The McClure crew is what it is all about and the way it use to be- - - -
Get'n sum and camaraderie. :thumbsup:
By BubbleBoy
Make sure and don't cross your legs. ;-)

JB
By noman3
was dam good today and tomorrow looks good to. :thumbsup:
By day dreamer
That is why I posted those videos of us flying yesterday. Hope you guys all get some airtime. I can do without all the other stuff, and it all stays behind when I fly. ALL OF IT! I ejoy everyones company, and I enjoy flying with K.M. alone. When I go there, nothing can get me there, and I fly.
By CRV
See you boys there... 8)
By noman3
holy crap it looks good for saterday,real good :shock:
By day dreamer
now I can't sleep! This happens every time I feel it is gonna be good. Let time stop, and lets fly.
By FMAN
i really wish i could go the past couple days and no flying this weekend either, moving again. GETUSUM
By AIRHEADSHORTCUT
McClure sure looks like fun!

I'm usually vacationing the first or second week of May..and hitting some flying sites on the West side of the Sierras does sound good to me. I still have a Novice rating, but I'm catching on! Marshall/ Crestline..and Elsinore.

Wondering how well I'd be received should I decide to fly my Paraglider instead?
What would likely scenario be?
By DaveB
Except for all the sites in the CA megalopolis, most of the sites I've ever flown across the US were free, drive up / launch/ no questions asked areas.

Politics :evil:
By Wagner24314
wish i could say the same for my program here anyone that wants to fly in SD better have tow ratings or a alot of time in flight before i tow them its just a big safety issue but at the same time if your the type guy that doesnt freeze up when shiit goes south we'll tow you. we'll just have a guy ready to cut the line
By noman3
AIRHEADSHORTCUT wrote:McClure sure looks like fun!

I'm usually vacationing the first or second week of May..and hitting some flying sites on the West side of the Sierras does sound good to me. I still have a Novice rating, but I'm catching on! Marshall/ Crestline..and Elsinore.

Wondering how well I'd be received should I decide to fly my Paraglider instead?
What would likely scenario be?
if you tryed to fly a para glider off mcclure the old timers would chew your arms off with there gums,then they would seek out all the first born in your family and kill them.You can fly the big m with a hang two and a falcon.Let me know if your coming out and i will make sure you get up the hill.
By AIRHEADSHORTCUT
Thanks Noman...I get the message loud and clear.

So If an E-teamer decides to leave the HG on the truck..and use the PG....It may immediately get political....maybe to the point of violence?...sounds like it would make a big fuss...a huge hassle...not really what I think flying should be about.

...but Take a sledder on the old HG..and all is well.

I think I really am catching -on here.

Would I be required to use a flyfishing outfit on the lake..or would spinning gear have me lynched? Could I bag a jackrabbit with a 30/30?..or would I have to use a .22...for fear of suffering the wrath of the local hunters? Are Japanese pick-up trucks allowed in your county?
By Scott
AIRHEADSHORTCUT wrote: Are Japanese pick-up trucks allowed in your county?
yup..as you can see,rice burning trucks are O.K.
Attachments
toad.jpg
toad.jpg (501.7 KiB) Viewed 6701 times
By day dreamer
AIRHEADSHORTCUT wrote:Thanks Noman...I get the message loud and clear.

So If an E-teamer decides to leave the HG on the truck..and use the PG....It may immediately get political....maybe to the point of violence?...sounds like it would make a big fuss...a huge hassle...not really what I think flying should be about.

...but Take a sledder on the old HG..and all is well.

I think I really am catching -on here.

Would I be required to use a flyfishing outfit on the lake..or would spinning gear have me lynched? Could I bag a jackrabbit with a 30/30?..or would I have to use a .22...for fear of suffering the wrath of the local hunters? Are Japanese pick-up trucks allowed in your county?
It's about your safety. Nothing more.
By Wonder Boy
Scott wrote:
AIRHEADSHORTCUT wrote: Are Japanese pick-up trucks allowed in your county?
yup..as you can see,rice burning trucks are O.K.
Hey wait a minute..... was is that truck out all by itself...???

It was outcaste wasnt it!!
By bagbgone
if you tryed to fly a para glider off mcclure the old timers would chew your arms off with there gums,then they would seek out all the first born in your family and kill them.
:twisted:

I'm thinking I'm way overdue for the McClure experience. See you Saturday.
Ryan
By Scott
Hey wait a minute..... was is that truck out all by itself...???

It was outcaste wasnt it!![/quote]

how perceptive of you,poor little Toad-ota refused to cry in front of the bigger ,bully trucks.Got home and dripped oil all over,crying truck tears of loneliness.