All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By T.B.
Just got a new PC and i'm not a tekee .....How can i post Pics and Vids on this forum?
By T.B.
ok lets see if this works
Attachments
scan0002.jpg
scan0002.jpg (475.86 KiB) Viewed 745 times
By T.B.
Thanks SG....
By HuttoRhino
Is that your wing>?
By T.B.
Yes proud owner af a brand spankig new wing(2005).....this is the glider i flew over that prison with (freedom you gatta love it)
By T.B.
Here is a different angle
Attachments
scan0003.jpg
scan0003.jpg (497.66 KiB) Viewed 728 times
By Nibs
Nice wing. Right now I am considering a Horizon as well. How do you like it? Pros, cons?
By T.B.
Well NIBS....this is the wing i would choose over a WW Eagle ...especially if you tow ..It is a perfect H2-H3 wing ..or if you fly just for fun rather than competition (i fly just becouse i love to)..The glider tows like it's on rails very easy to thermal with, plus it has a working VG (not very user friendly but still).

It also lands (i think) easyer than WW Falcon.
Personaly i only Aerotow so i couldn't tell you how it lounches.

P.S. WW Eagle (or Spectrum if your'e tight on cash) does not tow wery well.
By CHassan
Nice wing!
By Nibs
Thanks for the quick reply. Right now I'm between a new Horizon or a used (but good condition) Pulse. Learned a lot today about the differences and similarities between the two... good thing about the Horizon is that it's so new and such a desirable wing that I think I could get great resale for it in a year or two when I'm ready to move up to a topless.... but of course it would be more of an initial investment.

But nice looking wing! How many times have you had a chance to fly it so far? Any time in thermals?
By T.B.
NIBS... Do not be in sutch a hurry to get to a topless, a used Pulse is just fine for a while..(it's a horizon without VG and without curved wing tips and streamlined king post and downtubes)..

A lot of people get ahead of themselfes and forget why they fly in the first place.
Fun and Safety should be your #1.

In answer to your question, yes i had flights on the Horizon 1St flight was an out and return 5 miles ...Like i said it is a sweet wing, i am glad it was my first purchase...

CHassan.....We will be flying this season at Free Flight, looking forward to see you there..By the way i think i've seen the WW 2 (It just arrived there last year).

SG....Thanks for your help. This is a nice thing you got going here.
By CHassan
T.B. I'll be up there a few times for sure. I have high hopes of getting around this year. Yes I want to be a HG slut, flying as much and as often and with as may people as I can talk into it :wink:
By T.B.
An HG slut :lol:
Warning..the job doesn't pay anything :rofl:
By CHassan
But the benifits are great! :drool: