All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By dlepinsky
As much as I'd like to be more familiar with how our national organization is governed, for a number of reasons I do not always spend the time it would take to understand how USHPA is managed. Therefore, I have spent thirty to forty minutes reading individual director arguments, for and against, dealing with the governance proposal. These arguments are published on the USHPA web site. I spent somewhat more time reading the actual proposal. It is my hope that members of the org, who are also USHPA members will take the time to familiarize themselves with these arguments and vote. These arguments are assisting me in making an informed decision. Any more thoughts out there on the subject, for or against?

Sincerely, Don
By USHPA7
I voted no.

FC
By flybop
Considering the fact my RD said to me that, and I quote, "Hang gliding will be dead in ten years...", when I called to discuss a local matter with him that I have very mixed feelings about USHPA now.

However, I need to look pass my RD and take Don's advice and do some research. Then if I decide to stay in, vote against my current RD next time around.
By miraclepieco
AlaskanNewb wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:41 pm I voted by not renewing my membership.
Excellent! Do not support the Ass. that managed our favorite sport into oblivion.

flybop wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:52 pm Considering the fact my RD said to me that, and I quote, "Hang gliding will be dead in ten years...", when I called to discuss a local matter with him that I have very mixed feelings about USHPA now. Then if I decide to stay in, vote against my current RD next time around.
Please share the name of that RD.
By flybop
flybop wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:52 pm Considering the fact my RD said to me that, and I quote, "Hang gliding will be dead in ten years...", when I called to discuss a local matter with him that I have very mixed feelings about USHPA now. Then if I decide to stay in, vote against my current RD next time around.
Please share the name of that RD.
[/quote]

Can't think of his name off hand. I live in Montana. He went on and on about hang gliding being a dead sport and that pg and speed wings are the future. (My concern that sparked the call was over poorly trained p2's being unleashed on my home site, over and over and over,)