All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By NateHallahan
Actually if I could edit my post I would simply state the helmet I'm using and move my post to one of the recent helmet threads. I can't find any edit options, I should have re-read the first post, I screwed up... Moderator?
By DMarley
Nate, you didn't screw up. You're fine. Carry on. :thumbsup: I found your post appropriate.
A bit of PIO within an old thread (>2.5 years) is to be expected. :shock:
By remmoore
NateHallahan wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:22 am I would...move my post to one of the recent helmet threads.
Nate,

I think you should start a new thread regarding the Leatt helmet - especially after you've flown with it a bit and can give a review. Options are a good thing, and I fully support pilots knowing about them. If you start such a thread, I'm sure I'll be participating!

Meanwhile, I'm hoping to get more input on what helmets we're using - please let us know!

RM
By Takeo77
I'm actually looking at the USAF Mil-Spec for the HGU-55P. It looks like it's certified to similar standards to DOT helmets. This way with a built in radio-headset I can use it for hang gliding OR airplane flying. In addition it has an O2 mask fitting standard!

Would it be pretentious?
Attachments
hgu55 01.jpg
hgu55 01.jpg (10.65 KiB) Viewed 436 times
By Paul H
That Mil-spec helmet has poor venting, they make your head sweat. They also keep the weight down by having minimal crushable lining.