All things hang gliding. This is the main forum. New users, introduce yourself.

Moderators: sg, mods

By magentabluesky
A quick check on the USHPA website does no show he is a member of the USHPA.

Some would say the authorities are not interested in what we do - - What me worry?

Yea, right!

Save Part 103 . . . . . . . . . The Real Crusade to Save Free Flight.

Watch as paraglider flies in controlled airspace above Boca Raton

By Gary Detman, WPEC-CBS12

April 4, 2016 4:45pm

A video obtained by WPEC-CBS 12 captured the efforts of a sheriff’s helicopter crew as they tried to ground a paraglider flying in controlled airspace above the Boca Raton shoreline.

The trespass into the protected space happened March 28 above South Ocean Boulevard, according to a report from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.

It was a call from the Boca Raton Control Tower that alerted the sheriff’s office about the paraglider operating without clearance in the Boca Raton Airport Class D Airspace.

The agency’s helicopter, the Eagle, caught up with the paraglider about 500 feet in the air and sounded its siren, the report said.

Although the helicopter team thought the paraglider, John Wagenhals, saw them tracking him, he made no attempt to leave the controlled area and continued floating around in the motorless glider.

Boca Raton police officers eventually got Wagenhals attention and he made a landing on the beach.

Police spoke with Wagenhals, 39, of Boca Raton, and with the help of the helicopter, showed him the boundaries of the controlled airspace, according to the report.

Link
By Roadrunner71
I find that by watching this Thread. I remember that after my last flight, where severely pounded into the Ground after a short little X_C Flight. I remember being in my Hospital Bed in the Hospital. I had regained consciousness after being in a Comma for Two Months.. Well I recall My first thought regarding flying Hang Gliders of our Killer Local Mountain. Was that I was quite Concerned that being that I had begun my Flight off our Mountain. I worried that some one would use the reality of my X-C Flight against us. But, all was and is Good.

I am fully aware of the fact that I could indeed Die flying a Hang-Glider. I accept that. I KNOW THAT WE ALL BEING h-G Pilots run the risk of crashing. But NEVER should we allow our actions to jeopardize our Free Flight, NEVER!
By magentabluesky
In today’s world busting a Presidential TFR is a big deal and threatens our freedom to fly.

We have come a long way in education and safety of the sport.

In the early day’s Joe Faust invited President Nixon to take an interest in Low and Slow.

This is same “Old Fart” who recently got the County of Los Angeles to approve “waiver only” flying at Dockweiler.

A Letter from Rose Mary Woods!
Attachments
RoseMaryWoods.JPG
RoseMaryWoods.JPG (89.8 KiB) Viewed 294 times
GSSK 2018 vlog

Yes that's correct, any suggestions? Try somet[…]

THE FUTURE OF HANG GLIDING

Verily, it would be cool to see a P-51 thermalling[…]

Flying the greater Bakersfield area from '94--'07,[…]

Nice spring day 3-29-18 -T2C - 4K

Thanks Chris, glad you liked it. No doubt someday […]