Post bugs here.
Request any new web site functionality here as well.

Moderators: sg, mods

By NMERider
I'm running Firefox on a fairly powerful PC but ever since the animated ads embedded in Org posts, Firefox had slowed to a crawl. As a consequence is was necessary to add the YesScript plug-in to my browser: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... t/?src=api and to block all scripts running on the Org. Now I have no more issues with slowing but certain handy features like inserting emoticons with one click no longer work. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to solve it with Firefox without having to block all Javascript?
By sg
I use chrome. No issues at all. Google determines what Ad's show up, not me.
Im on a mid-level computer. Super fast and snappy.
By sg
I just tired Firefox. Also super fast and snappy.

You may have some kind of weird issue with your firefox install.

Im running firefox version 42.0 (dont use it)
By red
NMERider wrote:Running v 42.0. Just disabled all unneeded extensions and re-enabled javascript. Will see how this works over time.
Jono,

Using Firefox, I had a few glitches too weird for words (one was all of the animated emoticons here were frozen). Anyway, I disabled my Firefox user profile (not the OS profile), and started using a new, clean Firefox profile. The Firefox HELP files will tell you how; it is not very obvious. That trick fixed everything, so I now use my new Firefox profile only. I deleted the old Firefox profile and have never looked back.

:mrgreen:
By NMERider
red wrote:
NMERider wrote:Running v 42.0. Just disabled all unneeded extensions and re-enabled javascript. Will see how this works over time.
Jono,

Using Firefox, I had a few glitches too weird for words (one was all of the animated emoticons here were frozen). Anyway, I disabled my Firefox user profile (not the OS profile), and started using a new, clean Firefox profile. The Firefox HELP files will tell you how; it is not very obvious. That trick fixed everything, so I now use my new Firefox profile only. I deleted the old Firefox profile and have never looked back.

:mrgreen:
Thanks red. Good to know. I'm sure other readers will benefit from this too. :thumbsup:
By RobertKesselring
I don't know if this might be related to the issue NMERider is having, but I've had an issue with the count-down timer at the top with Chrome on Android 5.0 on a Galaxy 5.

When the page first loads, or when I rotate my screen, it will appear and disappear a few times, making the whole page jump around on the screen as it does so. After it does this 1 to 3 times it will stop without the counter there.

Might just be my particular hardware / software combination. Anyone else get this? Don't take the timer down! Even if the flashing can't be fixed, I'll live with it for 76 days. It's too important to keep people reminded of what's at stake.
By Mavi Gogun
The video advertising is sucking down loads of bandwidth for stuff I never even came close to clicking on- and it continually cycles, so as long as you are reading a page it will continue to eat your data budget. :cuss:
By sg
Its not my bandwidth. Google is pumping those videos.
By Mavi Gogun
I hear that- still, something unique is happening here, as I am not encountering this degree of video advertising elsewhere. I get the need to pay the rent... just wonder what's up here. Does Google have a different box to click for each 10% of soul sold, or is it a slider? :wink:
By sg
Google targets individuals based on your surfing behavior. Im not getting videos when I browse this site. Others will.

When you did the flare, at 4:10 in the video, you […]

Those Gus are good. They play well together. I t[…]

2015+ Subaru Outback HG rack

The subaxtreme brackets with crossbar would work. […]

La Muela de Alarilla, Spain

Cool place, nice edit! Thanks! I saw in GoogleMa[…]