Post bugs here.
Request any new web site functionality here as well.

Moderators: sg, mods

By Underdog
Hi SG
I'm not sure if we have ever met or flown the same site on the same day.I appreciate your site.

Locking threads like "I cannot keep quiet any longer" seems to be counter productive to actual discussion about the most important issues facing the future of Free Flight.

Zap the replies that are BobKish ..Ban the posters that suck...But I and I am sure many others would prefer if you did not lock threads that matter.

Regards
UD
By sg
As a moderator... I can delete posts, lock threads, or ban people.

I get complaints when I do all of the above. I get complaints when I dont act.

I get complaints no matter what I do, because everyone has a different opinion on what should and shouldnt be moderated and how that should happen.
When threads start breaking rules, or start spinning out of control I tend to lock them. People seem to hate having their posts deleted the most, since they put time into them and feel they are being directly censored.

Your opinion, is just one persons opinion of many. If I followed your advice, I would get a ton of complaints from a different faction.

So what should I do?

I try to stay hands off.... HG pilots are touchy and rebels at heart. But I have my limits. Certain people and subjects piss everyone off and I get a ton of complaints. So those are easier to whack.
By DMarley
Underdog wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:02 pm
...But I and I am sure many others would prefer if you did not lock threads that matter.

Regards
UD
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"
Margaret Wolfe Hungerford, title: ‘Molly Bawn’ (1878)
By Rotor
We are based here in the USA where free speech for all should be the norm. But for some reason truth gets labeled as hate speech.It is like everyone has gone mad. I get shadow banned on facebook almost every day. even here now?
By BubbleBoy
Rotor wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:49 pm
We are based here in the USA where free speech for all should be the norm. ...
It's oft misunderstood that in the US the well documented principle of "free speech" does not related to private spaces -- such as being blocked/banned on FB or here on the .Org. The US principle of free speech relates only to government interference.

There is simply no US requirement (nor would most of us want one) that owners/managers of private spaces be required to entertain speech they don't want to entertain in that space. If someone is saying things in your living room (or other) that you don't want to hear, you are free to ask (or force) them to leave.

JB
By SkyPoke
The myth -it seems to me- is that this is a open community of people who like to fly minimal flying wings. But really this is SG's living room. We've been invited in but there are times when arguments break out or banned speech is spoken. When that happens those who cause the problem are reported and warned by SG to cut it out or out the door you go. Sometimes the behavior is bad enough that no warning is given before someone is chucked from the site. Part of that also includes locking threads so that negative arguments stop in their tracks.

I'd also add that free speech should be respectful speech. When insults are hurled or unfounded hateful claims are made SG's living room begins to come off as an evil HG version of Animal House. And what SG says goes. So if someone doesn't like what he says they can hit the road. It's his living room after all. It's not your HG community club house. If you want something like that go out and create your own HG forum site. It'll probably just become another http://www.cesspoolforum.com/ Lots of hard work for nothing. It's best to be be satisfied with what you've got. :goodidea:
By sg
I think of it more like SG's coffee shop :) A small business that sucks a bunch of time and barely makes any money :lol:
As a small business owner, i'm no different than any other.

Absolute freedom of speech has never existed at any private place of business, to my knowledge, and thats EXACTLY the way people want it.

Show me any business/forum/platform that allows all speech, and I will show you a cesspool that no reasonable person would ever bother to visit.

Even if this site was citizen owned and government run, I guarantee you, there would be moderation. In fact, I wager there would be a lot MORE moderation.

Try talking back to, and arguing with a government employee, known as a police officer, if you don't believe me. Tell him about your absolute freedom of speech rights. See how that works out for you. :P
Thanks SG! I think my chair here has been pretty comfortable...

8) :surrender:
By Rotor
A new White House petition has been launched urging President Trump to demand Congress pass legislation that defends free speech online. The democrats are about to have another meltdown. Thank God for President Trump and Alex Jones.
By BubbleBoy
There is already 'free speech' online.

One is free to go online and get a URL ... say "RotorsPersonalFBPage.org" or "Inforwars.com" and speak however one wishes, whenever one wishes to whoever chooses to show up.

Thankfully the Constitution of the United States will keep Trump (or anyone else) from forcing private spaces to entertain speech they do not wish to entertain.

JB
By DMarley
Rotor wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:27 pm
A new White House petition has been launched urging President Trump to demand Congress pass legislation that defends free speech online. The democrats are about to have another meltdown. Thank God for President Trump and Alex Jones.
While I agree with your notion for thanking God, there are some instances that total free speech would not be appropriate...
Such as on your YT channel or FB page..... if someone mouthed-off and slammed your vid or post, or merely wrote something in a negative context, you may be strongly inclined to ban him or at least delete his post. That would be your choice. Under your definition of 'Free speech,' would you still be able to rid your channel of this person's negative words?

While I agree that Alex Jones and his ilk should have the freedom to post on FB, etc, should you be able to post off-color words and defame something that SG (the owner) believes in, on HG.org? Both sites are privately owned, so perhaps the owners of each site have the prerogative to regulate the actions of its' subscribers. And we are merely subscribers. We don't own anything pertaining to these sites. So why would anyone believe that complete and utter free speech would exist in a privately-owned place?
By DMarley
SkyPoke wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:33 pm
.....So Long ...
Wow.
I haven't seen any proof that SG merely bans someone without a few due warnings. Nor have I seen any post where SG has slammed anyone using inappropriate language or extreme negatives. WT_?
Someone must need a happy nappy.
By blindrodie
Thank God for President Trump and Alex Jones.
YES! They make it SO much easier to understand what's normal... :twisted:

8)
Clear L.A. Skies on Friday!

:thumbsup: Very nice Jonathan. Wow! Truly one […]

:thumbsup: Looked like a good day for you, especi[…]

Well that was worth the wait! Mostly clear air m[…]

involuntarylist

Ive had enough. More than enough agitating peopl[…]