Polling threads

Moderators: sg, mods

By hgflyer
noman-so let me get this straight,your ego is afraid to come out to mcclure and shut me up.Dam i was hoping there would be some crow for supper.Bubble boy,you are a paper dragon and your wrong!.

JB-LOL -- hey, you wait your turn. I'm dealing with Red.

noman-ok,your afraid i will make you look like a chump,got it!

JB-Hey Noman, have you been to a National yet?

noman-im not a comp pilot but you make me want to compete.

JB-Well then my time here hasn't been wasted. I'll bet you do well. Did I hear you say you're going to next years Nats at King?

noman-yes,i hope your there.Because i will only be competing against you

JB-LOL -- oh the young ones are so impetuous.

You see noman, there's a qualification process that one must go through. You notice that they don't just take any old bum off the street to fight in the main event ... no, the newcomers and wannabee's must make a name for themselves first.

I can't just be runnin' around the country answer every punk's **** measuring challenge. the process is called "match making" and right now it's up to you to show us what you've got. King will be the perfect place.

I had flown in only one little local xc contest before I went to my first Nationals so we're pretty even. I had only 81 total xc miles to my name and my longest flight was less than 20miles.

Big air Dinosaur -- 2,000fpm 17,999msl summer conditions.

First task: 89 miles -- very slow but made goal.
2nd task ~75mile -- first to goal and second overall.
Third task -- 98 miles -- won the task (beat Manfred Ruhmer btw).
Fourth task -- bombed out next to future World Champion Oleg Bonderchuck on a day when no one made goal.
5th task -- 89 miles -- oxygen malfunction/hypoxia, still 3rd as I recall.
6th task Won it outright, beating out Manfred and Oleg and gliding over the then current National Champion on final as he tried to hide his glider from me (trying to sucker me into landing in his field for a tie).

In the end I believe I got 2nd , but it could have been third (trophy is long gone so can't look it up).

Win a couple days in King next summer and perhaps you will have proven an ability to run with the big boys too. Until then I'll save my bullets.

noman-2001 open class 3rd place,is that good enough oh awesome one. Yes there were rigids in the comp.Look it up.Your omnipotence is blinding,but i see a crack.

JB-Not sure what the above represents? Was that your placing at the 2001 Nats? I sure don't recall you being there, but if you say so --- nicely done.

noman-oh sorry that was at king,i just assumed you would know this,so seeing how i have lived up to your standards,are we on?.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
By hgflyer
JB-Oh but you haven't -- you've got to perform against the top ranked pilots flying with World Team positions on the line. Learn to keep up with the best and you learn how to beat the best.

I'm just betting your third wasn't against the likes of Manfred and Oleg but I'm willing to listen while you list the pilot's you beat.

JB

PS: I'm going to let you have the last word rather than hijack this thread any further -- just remember ... if you think I'm afraid of competition, we can compare National Championships trophies and World Championship Gold medals anytime. Until then .. PISS OFF!!!
By hgflyer
noman-i dont hate the guy i just want to see what hes made of.I have beer!!!.

This is starting to sound like the first annual-

Hanggliding.org Challenge!!!!!
By noman
im down :shock:
By skypimp
the hanglider.org team challeng
The X ankle's versus the duck feet :punch:
By hgflyer
skypimp wrote:the hanglider.org team challeng
The X ankle's versus the duck feet :punch:
:roflcat: :roflcat:
By hgflyer
noman-fund me for a year so i can treat hanggliding as a job,you can bet i would give results.unfortunately i have to eat and support my daughter.If funded there are allot of people who hangglide in this country that would surely surpass anything you have done.I will congratulate you for havening the money to go to the nats but due to your arrogance and impotence,that is all i can congratulate u on.

When i got third place at king, i did not care who i was competing against,i was just enjoying the view.im not a comp pilot because after the third day,flying becomes a job.I love flying and dont want to spoil it.Guys like you bubbs makes me want to compete,not against the world,just you.If you dont go to king i will only fly three days and enjoy my trip if you do go bubbs,i predict 11 place for you and 10th place for me.Just good enough to beat you.
By hgflyer
I can see it now.....Both pilots will have on board cameras. Along with exterior cameras for the viewing audiences pleasure.

Both pilots fly multiple sites, accomplishing multiple disciplines.

Starting with the trainning hill in light winds :shock: :shock:

:popcorn: :popcorn:
By hgflyer
Another cool challenge could be held at Dunlap flight park. The discipline is thermaling. Along with on board cameras and zoom lens video.

Both pilots have a half our window to launch within a starting time of 1pm summer time.

Goal-climb to 5g agl in the least amount of time :thumbsup:
By BubbleBoy
It all sounds good -- as long as noman qualifies.

It's simple ... noman shows up at the King Nats, wins a few days and gets on the podium against the big boys. When that happens I'm down. Until then it's the equivalent of the corner bum wanting a shot at Madison Square Gardens. Perhaps the bum on the corner *is* worthy -- but it's incumbent on him to show the promise and earn the right.

I have nothing to prove -- he thinks he does. Great -- go prove it.

JB
By nowoman
noman is no. 1
By Scott
nowoman wrote:noman is no. 1

but he's full of no.2..

I just couldn't resist..
now piss off!
By day dreamer
Scott wrote:

but he's full of no.2..

I just couldn't resist..
now piss off!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm so easily amused.....
By AP
It's simple ... noman shows up at the King Nats, wins a few days and gets on the podium against the big boys.
If Noman achieves a podium finish this fly-off will be of little value. Despite all your differences you both have something very in common. Neither of you see eye to eye on a lot of things and you both seem to be poles apart in everyway, except one.
but it's incumbent on him to show the promise and earn the right.
? All it takes to fly against the current world champion is pay an entry fee at the next comp he enters in.

Take the challenge BB. Noman is a dark horse and if he beats you it will just bring him 'up' not bring you 'down'. Your achievements are noted and respected. Give him a go?

Maybe Sg can adjudicate.
By noman

yay :thumbsup:
By Jason
AP wrote:
but it's incumbent on him to show the promise and earn the right.
? All it takes to fly against the current world champion is pay an entry fee at the next comp he enters in.

Take the challenge BB. Noman is a dark horse and if he beats you it will just bring him 'up' not bring you 'down'. Your achievements are noted and respected. Give him a go?

Maybe Sg can adjudicate.
all it takes to fly against the best is to show up and pay sure, but that doesn't prove you can fly *with* them