The PM notification

Needs to be changed, not noticeable enough
21%
Is fine the way it is
76%
Other - posted a comment explaining
3%
By FormerFF
I think it's perfect. II's very noticeable, but not too intrusive if you can't reply at the moment.
By Lobido
I really like the swirling ying yang thing. If you must change it, just make it bigger.
By Windlord
SG-
I don't have any problem seeing the ying/yang, but if you want to change it, there is a neat HG cursor on Fly Cyprus.com that you could use to fly around it.
It can be found on the right-side boarder for downloading.

http://www.flycyprus.com/
By David W. Johnson
If the swirling yin-yang in addition to the email notification isn't enough, what are you going to do?

Another forum I use has a pop-up that reminds you whenever you enter the forum. I guess that would be a no-brainer.
By CHassan
I don't have any issue with the spinny thing.
By Tom Benton
I like the spinning thing too , i sometimes find myself staring at it for hours :shock:
By Redbeard
it's fine...i kind of dig it...though I've only seen it once... :(

:)
By curly_cue
I like the small yin/yang spinny thing. But I would also love it if it were visible from the "since my last visit" page.
By rallyant
I quite like it the way it is... now. But before i got use to it i would also go a few days before i realized i had a PM, I did not realize it even meant i had a PM :)
But once you know it all seems easy.
By ian9toes
I've seen a few occasions where someone on a thread has told another user to check their PMs. So it does get missed, especially by new users.
By red
SG,

I found out that some unknown settings at my end can reduce the Ying-Yang to a stationary pair of dots. Nothing that I could change seemed to help. Finally, I made a blank new profile here to get it working, but there is no telling why it did not work before. I'm no computer wizard.

I like the Ying-Yang, but even if I saw it from the first, I would not have known what it meant. Some additional means of notification might be helpful. If "Check PM" was changing colors (or blinking?) with a new PM, that would probably do the job.
By Skyhighwoman
I have an email alert of PMs more time than not I see the email before I see the ying/yang.

Maybe a little bigger or I like curely cue idea about since last visit.

OR we just deal with it. Leave it as YOU HAVE DONE PLENTY for this site. 8)

Carm
By blindrodie
get notified of PM through my emails,
8)
By axo
+1 . Can't be missed with the email notification.
+1 YingYang Cant be missed even on 1680 x 1050 screen resolution.

Replace the yingyang icon for a pair of bouncing tits and he won't miss a PM anymore. :twisted:
By HangDiver
Note that those who have responded that there is no problem are frequent users of the forum. Others who may not post that often may not see the PM swirly on the side of the page. Personally I have no problem, but I have sent several PMs that have not been noticed.
By SeeMarkFly
sg wrote:What if I replaced it with this? :mrgreen:
I like this better.
Attachments
spiderman.gif
spiderman.gif (106.37 KiB) Viewed 7160 times
By blindrodie

Peanut butta jelly time Peanut butta jelly time....
By red
SeeMarkFly wrote:
sg wrote:What if I replaced it with this? :mrgreen:
I like this better.
Mark,

I like this better, because the only place where the flag will wave like that will be on Mars. :mrgreen:
Attachments
astronaut-01.gif
astronaut-01.gif (10.05 KiB) Viewed 2601 times
By SeeMarkFly
red wrote:Mark,

I like this better, because the only place where the flag will wave like that will be on Mars. :mrgreen:
This recession (can I say that?) has hit everyone. It's just that you can get a super hero real cheap right now.
Have you seen the new Batmobile?
Attachments
batman-downsized.jpg
batman-downsized.jpg (26.81 KiB) Viewed 2597 times