Polling threads

Moderators: sg, mods

What on hanggliding.org is the best for you?

Hang Gliding Videos.
18%
Hang Gliding Photos.
No votes
0%
Hang Gliding Site Reports and Site Information.
5%
Hang Gliding Flight Reports.
5%
Hang Gliding Stories.
8%
Hang Gliding History.
2%
Hang Glider Product Information.
4%
Hang Gliding Events and Happenings.
No votes
0%
Advice for Hang Gliding Pilots, new and old.
35%
Hang Gliding Politics and issues.
4%
The Campfire / Off Topic Area.
2%
Foot Launched Powered Hang Gliding.
3%
Other.
13%
EVERYBODY VOTES. OK? - See SG's note:
sg wrote:This will be good to see. BIG CHANGES THIS YEAR IN THE WORKS.
Will influence me.
What is the best thing for you here on hanggliding.org?

What most attracts pilots to become new members?

What keeps you coming back here again and again?

What do you get the most enjoyment out of?

Tnx! Fried Ed. <===(-:
(A Smiley that has Tied One On!)

This to replace the home page current poll. S'OK SG?
- Unless someone can think of a better poll.

The old one is getting old old old... largely ignored now. (I should know, its mine.)
Last edited by Fred Wilson on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
By andylongvq
It's definitely all the hot babes.

- Andy
By Fletcher
Fred
You missed one category.
(All Above) = my vote
By CAL
there is so much going on here,

I have used about everything on here, I have an awesome T2C I purchased from the Classifieds, found out about flying sites, met awesome pilots from all over the world personally after meeting them here first, sold my u2 here on the classifieds, have learned so much by watching videos and got great advice by placing my videos here, by watching XC videos it has motivated me to go XC, I have used the wiki to gain Knowledge about launching, landing and everything in between.

i get a kick out of the Noman 3 Drama, :lol: i wouldn't have even got to meet him personally if it wasn't for the Org. and find out how brilliant this pilot is,

THIS ORG HAS BEEN AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE !
By sg
This will be good to see. BIG CHANGES THIS YEAR IN THE WORKS.

Will influence me.
By smokenjoe50
I come here for the entertainment and the classifieds. I hate the ad s--- popping up all over my screen.
By Fred Wilson
SG:
Toss in any additional Poll Questions you would like to see added.
- as soon as someone replies to the thread, editing Polls is turned off for all but you.
smokenjoe50 wrote:I hate the ad s*** pop ups.
Then install Ad Block. Works like a charm!

But Ads pay for this site. (So I turn Ad Block off, just for the .org.)
We don't face constant appeals for money to pay for server, annual domain name fees... like http://www.paraglidingforum.com/ members constantly face.

Chome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... idom?hl=en

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... lock-plus/

Opera: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/ ... display=ca

Safari: http://extensions.apple.com/

Samsung galaxy note 8.0
http://app4smart.com/en/phone/samsung-g ... -plus.html

http://m.app4smart.com/en/phone/samsung ... -plus.html

etc etc

Google Android takes down Ad Block type apps, then adds Ad Block back as an exception.

See this explanation:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Adblock- ... rs_id41055
Last edited by Fred Wilson on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Fred Wilson
sg wrote:This (Poll) will be good to see. BIG CHANGES THIS YEAR IN THE WORKS.
Will influence me.
Folks: Then how about using this thread to tell SG what new features you might like to see added! :mosh:

Me?

A longer list of posts in the home page "all topics" feed.

This is not vital yet, but as this forum gets more and more popular, with more and more posts,
with a longer "all topics" feed we will be less likely to miss an interesting post that day.

Tis rare that I miss a day dropping in here. You?
Last edited by Fred Wilson on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SG,

Need more options in the poll.

One idea would be the ability to chose more than one option in a poll.

For this poll, Incident Reports would be another valid option,
since only the Brits seem willing to call it like it is, when some HG gear may be lame, or dangerous.

:mrgreen:
By ChattaroyMan
:ditto: on CAL's reply - I've bought/sold wings/gear here. Learned bunches through flight and equipment reports, made contacts, met pilots to fly new sites, etc.

Only thing I'd like to see would be an online Free Flight forum where paras were included/welcomed. I'm afraid I'd bail on hg.org if there were a site like this one but also included paras. I'm not interested in flying paras but would value the input of a larger pool of free flight pilots when it comes to weather topics, XC techniques, site reports, etc. We fly the same atmosphere and from the same sites. 1/2 my flying pals are effectively eliminated from this site.
By CAL
ChattaroyMan wrote::ditto: on CAL's reply - I've bought/sold wings/gear here. Learned bunches through flight and equipment reports, made contacts, met pilots to fly new sites, etc.

Only thing I'd like to see would be an online Free Flight forum where paras were included/welcomed. I'm afraid I'd bail on hg.org if there were a site like this one but also included paras. I'm not interested in flying paras but would value the input of a larger pool of free flight pilots when it comes to weather topics, XC techniques, site reports, etc. We fly the same atmosphere and from the same sites. 1/2 my flying pals are effectively eliminated from this site.
the only way to learn about how to fly with paras is to associate with them and i might add get along with them, that is my goal is to learn to fly with them, stay in a thermal with them and learn from them instead of thinking we are superior than they are, there is more of them in our area so there is a great deal i can learn form them as far as weather as you have mentioned.

i like the site the way it is though, keep it HG only, with the idea that we do need to learn how to fly with them, i used to have a bad attitude about them, as soon as i changed my attitude and decided to learn from them my HG skills have improved
By Fred Wilson
ChattaroyMan wrote::ditto: Only thing I'd like to see would be an online Free Flight forum where paras were included/welcomed. I'm afraid I'd bail on hg.org if there were a site like this one but also included paras. I'm not interested in flying paras but would value the input of a larger pool of free flight pilots when it comes to weather topics, XC techniques, site reports, etc. We fly the same atmosphere and from the same sites. 1/2 my flying pals are effectively eliminated from this site.
:ditto: 99.999% of the new Flight Software is coming from the Para side of the sport.

That's where most of the youthful Hi Teck IT minds hang out nowadays.

3 Thumbs up for that post bud!
By SeeMarkFly
I'd like to see that the Original Poster of a thread (OP) gets editorial control over that particular thread (GETS TO DELETE ASSHOLES).
I've seen WAY too many threads hijacked (and end up in "The Basement") by stupid in-fighting, to even attempt a civil conversation about.....ANYTHING!
By remmoore
I would love to see "Off Topic" non-HG political threads not listed in the Forum Index. It's aggravating to see these threads sometimes take up Forum Index space, while useful flying threads get bumped off. Off Topic threads should be accessed through the Forum tab, and not jamming up the front page.

What's the best aspect of HG.ORG? It's that I can come here to get (almost) exclusive content on my favorite activity!

Thanks, SG! :thumbsup:

RM
SG:
It is timely / time to add additional moderators.
- I would like to see any thread posted in the wrong forum moved, and pronto. Etc etc.

Too much for one guy. Right?
How much work is it going to be when forum membership doubles or triples...

Secondly:
Is it timely to add at least one additional administrator?

This is a high risk sport. What if we lose you?
This forum is far far to valuable to lose. A succession plan should be established.
By jloopingBE
Help find and meet other pilots flyingin places I want go flying.

In other words, find flyingbuddies :-)
Fred Wilson wrote:SG:
It is timely / time to add additional moderators.
- I would like to see any thread posted in the wrong forum moved, and pronto. Etc etc.

Too much for one guy. Right?
How much work is it going to be when forum membership doubles or triples...

Secondly:
Is it timely to add at least one additional administrator?

This is a high risk sport. What if we lose you?
This forum is far far to valuable to lose. A succession plan should be established.

any suggestions or volunteers? :popcorn:
By Wonder Boy
remmoore wrote:I would love to see "Off Topic" non-HG political threads not listed in the Forum Index. It's aggravating to see these threads sometimes take up Forum Index space, while useful flying threads get bumped off. Off Topic threads should be accessed through the Forum tab, and not jamming up the front page.

What's the best aspect of HG.ORG? It's that I can come here to get (almost) exclusive content on my favorite activity!

Thanks, SG! :thumbsup:

RM
Well said and agreed.
By Wonder Boy
CAL wrote:
ChattaroyMan wrote::ditto: on CAL's reply - I've bought/sold wings/gear here. Learned bunches through flight and equipment reports, made contacts, met pilots to fly new sites, etc.

the only way to learn about how to fly with paras is to associate with them and i might add get along with them, that is my goal is to learn to fly with them, stay in a thermal with them and learn from them instead of thinking we are superior than they are, there is more of them in our area so there is a great deal i can learn form them as far as weather as you have mentioned.

i like the site the way it is though, keep it HG only, with the idea that we do need to learn how to fly with them, i used to have a bad attitude about them, as soon as i changed my attitude and decided to learn from them my HG skills have improved

Yep, they are two different craft flown differently in most conditions.
Have a look here for more info on them http://www.paraglidingforum.com/
They are friendly, dont mind hangs asking questions. you can see the weather & xc topics they deal with. (I'll tell them you're an ok guy :wink:

Imagine their front page and ours combined, too many topics that don't apply to each.
Would take away from both sites.

When you did the flare, at 4:10 in the video, you […]

Those Gus are good. They play well together. I t[…]

2015+ Subaru Outback HG rack

The subaxtreme brackets with crossbar would work. […]

La Muela de Alarilla, Spain

Cool place, nice edit! Thanks! I saw in GoogleMa[…]