Polling threads

Moderators: sg, mods

By tom emery
Have to respect the wishes of Steve Pearson. Talked to him yesterday in the LZ. Seems every time someone posts a picture of a proto type or a new wing he gets lots of email questions which he is obligated to answer. This distracts him from designing and building new wings. As much as I would like to photograph and post every wing ever built by these guys, I understand and respect the logic of his position.
So, if you are waiting for a wing, or are curious about design differences, just remember that the more you bug 'em the slower it takes.
By kermit
I got to meet him in Fla, Nice guy and not enough hours in the day for him
By Avolare
Now his inbox will be full of proto/new/ glider questions...

But this guy is super smart.

So, maybe its a ploy to get pilots thinking there is a new glider design coming soon, thereby giving the factory some down time for the holiday season. Because no one wants last year's model. Of course, new years will bring out the truth thus returning the shop to already 12 week (?) waits.

Of course this means Tom is a mole/spy. Sent here to control my thoughts. How much did SP pay you? :lol:

Ok, I've talked myself into waiting until New Years to decide. Glider or sail, glider or sail, glider, sail, ...

Now where's my medication? :lol:
By tom emery
It got me to thinking. I watch these guys fly, land and break down gliders all afternoon. I wonder if any of them (Steve, Mike, Matt, Dave(?)) think that it is "work". Please don't email them to find out...I will ask them next time I see them.
By tom emery
It got me to thinking. I watch these guys fly, land and break down gliders all afternoon. I wonder if any of them (Steve, Mike, Matt, Dave(?)) think that it is "work". Please don't email them to find out...I will ask them next time I see them.
By AIRTHUG
The first, second, maybe third round is enjoyable-work. After that it's just work-work.

I test flew with the crew a couple days this summer.... let me tell you, 4, 5 or more rounds of setting up (very quickly), inspecting every nut bolt and nico, flying, objectively evaluating the wing, landing, and packing it up (again very quickly) but doing a very good pack for shipping...

It IS work! And doing it in SoCal heat (& humidity compared to UT)? Holy crap!

Mike's what, 60? The man's a machine!

BTW: if they're test flying gliders for delivery, they're not prototypes :wink:
Take all the pics you want of production wings :thumbsup: