.

.

Polling threads

Moderators: sg, mods

Can HG,org predict the election results?

Obama
41
54%
Romney
23
30%
Other
12
16%
User avatar
By relate2
#299632
Dawson wrote:For one party to form a government, they must winat least 76 seats ( there are 150 in total) - or form a coalition with independents so that they have control over at least 76 seats.
This little titbit is the one thing that gripes me about our political system. At the moment we have a minority government. That means a few thousand votes received by a couple of independents is dictating how our country is run.

As I have said before when Liberal or Labour win outright you only piss off 50% of the population. When a couple of independents hold the balance of power you piss off 99% of the population.

This is the reason we have the carbon tax at the moment. It would not have made any difference if it was Liberal or Labour in power as the Greens and Independents have the balance of power.........So much for majority rules. :(
Last edited by relate2 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By SeeHoweToFly
#299673
I'm thinking in 4 years we'll be 27 trillion in debt and 58% of Americans will be on the government tit. Geez I hope I'm wrong. But like the outcome or not America has spoken. Now keep your eyes on the middle east. The feces is about to hit the rotary oscillator.
By Phoenix
#299678
relate2 wrote:
Dawson wrote:For one party to form a government, they must winat least 76 seats ( there are 150 in total) - or form a coalition with independents so that they have control over at least 76 seats.
This little titbit is the one thing that gripes me about our political system. At the moment we have a minority government. That means a few thousand votes received by a couple of independents is dictating how our country is run.

As I have said before when Liberal or Labour win outright you only piss off 50% of the population. When a couple of independents hold the balance of power you piss off 99% of the population.

This is the reason we have the carbon tax at the moment. It would not have made any difference if it was Liberal or Labour in power as the Greens and Independents have the balance of power.........So much for majority rules. :(
F--k dude, for a minute I mistook you for an American! Why would someone in this country spell labor like that! Guess were in the same s--- no matter what political douchbags are in power over us.
User avatar
By tom emery
#299691
OK. It's a DUTY and a PRIVILAGE. Problem is that not everyone sees it that way. I have traveled a bit. People who haven't, have no idea of the crap other people live with in societies where they have no "voice".
User avatar
By get high
#299697
If someone doesn't feel strongly in favor of certain candidates or issues then they are doing society a favor by not diluting the system with another uneducated vote. That's why the get out the vote propaganda drives me crazy and i don't see it as beneficial to our society.

With that said, if you study history, nearly all great empires fail due to debasement of their currency. For those of us concerned about that, we have no choice. Ron Paul was the only sane option to save America. Obama is destroying the dollar further so don't be surprised when food, gas, and energy prices go way up and other countries will stop trading with the dollar as many are starting to do.
User avatar
By kjj3dan
#299709
Ron Paul sane?? he probably meant Ru Paul! go to fact check.org and see that previous post is the usual propaganda and myth
User avatar
By get high
#299740
kjj3dan wrote:Ron Paul sane?? he probably meant Ru Paul! go to fact check.org and see that previous post is the usual propaganda and myth
Those things i said are already happening. I assume you buy your own groceries and gas, so you've seen inflation there over the last few years. When other countries start trying to get out of the dollar, that will be the greatest blow to America. We print paper not backed by anything since 1971 and we've benefited greatly since other countries accept our counterfeit money and have been forced to trade oil with dollars. But i understand... This doesn't fit with what the tube tells us so it's crazy talk. We'll be the greatest nation forever, even though we went from the worlds largest creditor nation to the largest debtor nation.

http://www.panamalaw.org/russia_and_chi ... dollar.htm
User avatar
By HGXC
#299770
gluesniffer wrote:Roughly 65:1 lobbyist per elected officials. A lobbyist who hands over money is essentially trying to buy our "democratically" elected reps. A bribe. That number is just the registered number of lobbyists. Then there are the contributions from other entities like cartels. A Google search of convicted elected officials who got caught taking bribes is startling. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Lobbying with cash or other valuable favors is what pollutes our democracy into a steaming pile of horse sh!t.

If romney was a self made billionaire who made and kept his money in America he would have won. Is it a negative ad when you tell the truth about someone? The right really had to dig for obummer. Fox news would not let go of the bengazi incident, trying to make a conspiracy of the highest order out of how the white house defined a terrorist attack. It wasn't like the whitehouse was behind the attack. Then there is racist America who at hates a black man in the white house and claims obummer is a Muslim who wasn't even born here. That's all they have because Obama has lead a pretty clean house.

The lesser of two evils was elected however Ron Paul is the man!

The white house knew that the embassy was vulnerable and saw the attack take place in the war room and told there agents to stand down. You know with Watergate for all its drama and fallout was just a two bit break in and no one died!!!!

We lost 4 people!!! and it was swept under the rug by the liberal media so their guy could win an election! I get tied of the worthless pukes who have no ambition except to kick back and take other peoples money (taxes) and suck off the government tit.

I don't know how anyone can get up in the morning and not want to achieve or look for a challenge or strike out on their own to be independent. I have no understand of the freakin morans that just roil out of bed and look for some mommy government to live off of.

I am sad because I saw the end of the greatness of my country fall to the the weak and uninspired.

Dennis
Last edited by HGXC on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By SeeHoweToFly
#299771
Well said Dennis, the USA we grew up with is dead. Very sad
User avatar
By wayne ripley
#299773
Dennis: not sure how you feel here, has the sky fallen or is it about to fall?
User avatar
By TomGalvin
#299776
HGXC wrote:I get tied of the worthless pukes who have no ambition except to kick back and take other peoples money (taxes) and suck off the government tit.
The 47%?
User avatar
By HGXC
#299788
TomGalvin wrote:
HGXC wrote:I get tied of the worthless pukes who have no ambition except to kick back and take other peoples money (taxes) and suck off the government tit.
The 47%?
No

people on ebt cards that seem to be on those cards for years
people who don't prepare themselves with a career and just sit on their ass waiting to be served.
people who file for disability even though the can actually work at something
people who come into this country to take advantage of our welfare programs instead of uniting together and over throwing the corrupt governments of the countries they come from
16-17 kids who know that they are going to enter the real world yet don't motivate and challenge themselves with acquiring skills to be independent
People who think health care should be equally distributed even thought they don't contribute to the tax base

No Tom anyone on SS has earned that through their many years of work, but i know many hang glider pilots who don't work hard at their careers, don't pay for their health insurance yet mysteriously every other year have this T2 or Combat or moyes on their truck. You know those people too, and god forbid if they ever stave it up guess who footing the medical bills.

That entire attitude, that "give me what i want" thought process is just sucking the life out of our country.

When i was a young guy I worked for social service delivery organizations, I was a peace and love guy of the 70s. Then as i worked in those projects and went into the apartments and saw these lifeless people hanging out, their kids running wild, no one looking for work, no one showing any sign of ambition, of getting better, or even trying....I started to learn about second and third generation welfare. Now these people were not dumb, in fact they knew more about how to qualify for government hand outs better then i did and i was manging the damn program!!!!

I understand that life can throw you curves and that there are times when anyone can use a helping hand but not forever, and any help should come with qualifiers and limits. To let generation after generation stay on welfare is a crime not only to the hard working tax payer but to the very people who you claim you want to help.

Dennis
User avatar
By HGXC
#299791
wayne ripley wrote:Dennis: not sure how you feel here, has the sky fallen or is it about to fall?
I think this sums it up....[youtube]
[/youtube]

Dennis
User avatar
By SeeHoweToFly
#299796
People learn quickly to use and abuse any system. I just spent the week at Disneyland and noticed a bunch of people with special passes. When I inquired how they got them I was told if your child is a.d.d. you don't have to wait in the normal line. Amazing how many families have a.d.d. kids
User avatar
By Dan Harding
#299800
HGXC wrote:
TomGalvin wrote:
HGXC wrote:I get tied of the worthless pukes who have no ambition except to kick back and take other peoples money (taxes) and suck off the government tit.
The 47%?
No

people on ebt cards that seem to be on those cards for years
people who don't prepare themselves with a career and just sit on their ass waiting to be served.
people who file for disability even though the can actually work at something
people who come into this country to take advantage of our welfare programs instead of uniting together and over throwing the corrupt governments of the countries they come from
16-17 kids who know that they are going to enter the real world yet don't motivate and challenge themselves with acquiring skills to be independent
People who think health care should be equally distributed even thought they don't contribute to the tax base

No Tom anyone on SS has earned that through their many years of work, but i know many hang glider pilots who don't work hard at their careers, don't pay for their health insurance yet mysteriously every other year have this T2 or Combat or moyes on their truck. You know those people too, and god forbid if they ever stave it up guess who footing the medical bills.

That entire attitude, that "give me what i want" thought process is just sucking the life out of our country.

When i was a young guy I worked for social service delivery organizations, I was a peace and love guy of the 70s. Then as i worked in those projects and went into the apartments and saw these lifeless people hanging out, their kids running wild, no one looking for work, no one showing any sign of ambition, of getting better, or even trying....I started to learn about second and third generation welfare. Now these people were not dumb, in fact they knew more about how to qualify for government hand outs better then i did and i was manging the damn program!!!!

I understand that life can throw you curves and that there are times when anyone can use a helping hand but not forever, and any help should come with qualifiers and limits. To let generation after generation stay on welfare is a crime not only to the hard working tax payer but to the very people who you claim you want to help.

Dennis
Thank you, well said. The younger pilots I guess do not see what is happening to our freedoms, our dollar, our country in general.
User avatar
By tom emery
#299832
The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!! Grab your gliders and speck out. Not sure where it's all heading. Just know the that for the most part we Americans and the vast majority of the people on the planet are working towards a positive solution. If you don't think this is the best time to be alive, then you are basically denying the existance of YOUR reality.
User avatar
By SeeHoweToFly
#299839
Anytime is a great time to be alive Tom, but to denie what's going on with our great nation and the freedoms we've lost tells me your young or naive. I'm 57 and I'm telling you the sky really is falling.
Last edited by SeeHoweToFly on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By AIRTHUG
#299841
First of all, I can't believe this is still going (on the front page, no less)...
The_Hunted wrote:" I don't really care much for politics..."

Ryan, I thought this was funny coming from a USHPA guy.
Being a Regional Director hardly classifies me as a 'politician'. Actually, if someone ran for president on the platform of "I DON'T CARE FOR BS-ing OR PLAYING GAMES"... they'd probably get my vote. Anyone that knows me, online or otherwise, knows I have no problem speaking up, even if it might be an unpopular position. Real politicians are too worried about losing votes to cut the crap and get s--- done.

My problem with politicians is that they want to be politicians... they live for the games. F that.
TomGalvin wrote:
tom emery wrote: get involved in this very simple, very basic, VERY IMPORTANT privilege.
Not voting dishonors the sacrifices made to ensure your freedom to self govern. It is not a privilege, it is a duty.
I appreciate your view Tom, and your contribution(s) to our freedoms. However, don't I have the freedom to abstain if I so choose? You can't really defend some freedoms but not others, now can you? I feel like there is an assumption that not voting = apathy. It could be a conscious choice, ya know...
User avatar
By Davedebogusone
#299842
However, don't I have the freedom to abstain if I so choose?
This is called decision through indecision . 50 % did this and Barry got 4 more years and perhaps the opportunity to stack the SCOTUS , really not a good thing judging from his last two picks.

:crazy:
Big picture
Washington DC gun ban overturned 5-4
First he put in one that said openly ,she could see a time when the second amendment would need to be removed .( and the people ,just like when he promised higher energy cost said nothing) He gets possibly two more picks this term,.

:rofl:

Is there any chance of a shortpack option like the[…]

Flying our caldera.

Thanks Flybop, i wish they had handycams 40yrs ago[…]

ICARO Piuma

Where does the "lighter weight up to 1 kg...&[…]

That looked like good fun! Loved the thumbs down a[…]