Polling threads

Moderators: sg, mods

Can HG,org predict the election results?

Obama
54%
Romney
30%
Other
16%
By AIRTHUG
Davedebogusone wrote:
However, don't I have the freedom to abstain if I so choose?
This is called decision through indecision . 50 % did this and Barry got 4 more years...
Like I said, people can't seem to acknowledge that abstaining can be a conscious choice. I chose not to support either candidate. CHOSE.

There were things I liked about both candidates... and things I very much didn't like. It was a wash... I don't want either one!
By Davedebogusone
And Barry sez thanks for your choice to not toss his ass out
:thumbsup:
So please tell what you like about Barry ? :twisted:
Fed jackbooting local decisions. :thumbsup:
Blowing money on contributors investments.
Turning loose 250,000 illegals?
Wasting 2 chances plus 16hrs to OK the taking of bin laden.
Putting a insider on the creation of Obamacare on the SCOTUS and not demanding she abstain ,because of conlict of interest ?
Calling half the country the enemy ?

:roll:
Last edited by Davedebogusone on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By AIRTHUG
Davedebogusone wrote:And Barry sez thanks for your choice to not toss his ass out
:thumbsup:
Well, tossing him out would have meant putting Mitty in. Not any better IMO. Just trading one set of problems for another. That is not a solution.

But hey... the election's over. Stuff the sour grapes and go flying already
By Davedebogusone
Winter and maybe if lucky ,once a week flying, schedule ,makes me pay attention to those that dont. :shock:
:popcorn:

Thats what really bugs me is the amount of voter turnnout ,the they are the same so whats the point. Really :crazy:
Take both lifes accomplishments and weigh them ,which one gives away so much of his own wealth and the one that thinks you should give away yours :mrgreen:
I did notice that this time the left didnt try to play the whos smarter card.( except when attacking supporters)
By AIRTHUG
Davedebogusone wrote: Take both lifes accomplishments and weigh them ,which one gives away so much of his own wealth and the one that thinks you should give away yours
Take your own advice. It is clear you do not like Obama... can you tell us what you DO like about Obama? Then, tell us what you do NOT like about Mitty?
By jjcote
I always vote. (Well, I've occasionally missed a primary where there were no contested races or something, but not often.) But I don't always vote for one of the two major contenders for an office, and I don't always mark a choice on races where I don't really know enough about the candidates or the issues.

Ryan, did you realize that there were six candidates for president on the ballot in Utah? If you didn't like Obama or Romney, you could have cast a vote for Anderson, Johnson, Stein, or Goode (or written in Barnett). You also had a senator and a rep to vote for, plus the state and local races, and there were two state constitutional amendments having to do with tax revenue that were passed (one by a very narrow margin).
By Davedebogusone
AIRTHUG wrote:
Davedebogusone wrote: Take both lifes accomplishments and weigh them ,which one gives away so much of his own wealth and the one that thinks you should give away yours
Take your own advice. It is clear you do not like Obama... can you tell us what you DO like about Obama? Then, tell us what you do NOT like about Mitty?
." like about Obama?"...
Like for his first term where I almost voted for him ?...His Race... :mrgreen: ( too bad its just a smooth talking wrapper covering a liberal BS center)
Dont like about Romney?... the will not fight dirty part. :cuss:
That moderator ,he should have told her STFU, you biased whore ,let me finish my turn., Then pointed out the jobs gains that month were canceled out by the 200,000 illegals he ordered not deported :twisted: Then told of all his degrees that he earned vs Barrys, that was evidently found in a cracker jack box because that is not the interpretation of the constitution . :twisted:
By AIRTHUG
If you are unable to view both sides objectively, I wish you didn't vote :lol:

If you think the majority vote was a bunch of idiots, maybe you're missing something? Don't you at least want to know what that is?

Cracks me up when people can be so sure one guy is right and one guy is wrong wrong wrong.

For me, Romney's hard line on things like abortion made me unwilling to vote for him. This country is (supposed) to be all about people's rights to make their own choices. I'm not staunch pro-choice or pro-life, both sides have excellent merits... Why should it be a choice made for us, rather than a personal choice made by us?

The one thing I like most about Obama, I feel like he is in better touch with the US people. I'm sure Mitty's a great guy and all, but I don't feel he is "government for us, by us". He doesn't know what it's like to constantly be worried about next months mortgage payment. His economic plans- although I agree were better than Obama's- were insensitive, and were going to make things a whole lot worse before it got any better.

Biggest think it Mitty's favor for me was his business track record. The guy knows how to turn losers into winners. I would not put Obama in charge of my business.

But then, why was Mitty so uptight about his tax returns? And in the debate, his answer was always "I have a plan for that"... But he never said what it was. I don't doubt he did have a plan, but I want a president that can get his point across. This is the figure head of our country, if you can't communicate well you can't do the job well, even if you have good ideas.

Obama's plans should work, just coming at it from a different angle. Maybe less effective, but hey- he's got a 4-year head start!

I saw good and bad in both... But the bad was SO bad (at least to me) I really don't want either one in office. So, I elected to not participate.

I know every vote counts, but do you really think the Mormon Republican wasn't going to win in Utah?! :rofl:
By tom emery
Been called a lot of things, but naive is not (usually) one of them. You have to look at the macro picture to understand my positive position. If one has the ability and opportunity to avail themselves of the wonders of this place and time, then this is "magic time".
There is war,starvation and injustice. There has always been war, starvation and injustice. Look what else we've got...HANG GLIDERS!!! Not to mention increased lifespans, better health care, electricity, instant global communications, freedom from things that a hundred years ago would have killed you, better transportation, clean water...the list is long.
Read history. Read science fiction. Now compare what was, what was predicted and what is. We have cracked the atom and the human genome. We fly through the air. We breathe under water. We live and work in space. We understand democracy and are working to achieve that goal for everyone.
Is it perfect? No. My point is, THIS IS THE BEST TIME EVER TO BE ALIVE.
I too am 57. I retired (independently) at 48. Estatically married. YOUNG AT HEART AND SPIRIT.
The glass is half full. Sorry you can't see it that way.
By AIRTHUG
I'm with you Tom! We're debating old news here! Go fly (or ski, if you're getting snow dumped on you like I am right now).

Wife and I are headed out to see the opening showing of 007 Skyfall, put some dollars into the economy :wink:
By tom emery
Ahh...that famous Utah champagne powder. And all we have here is Sierra cement. Okay...now you have depressed me...NOT!!
ENJOY EVERY MOMENT...sounds like you are...
By TomGalvin
It's not a freedom or a privilege. In a government of the people, by the people it is a responsibility for the people. You are free to shirk that responsibility of self governance and leave the work of governing to those to who do show up to vote.
By Davedebogusone
And half of those would vote for free ice cream. :ahh: Or the unions told them the evil tea party planned on banning ice cream :cry: