wonderwind_flyer wrote:I had some reflective insulation bubble wrap (stronger than regular bubble wrap) lying around so I decided to:
1) pad all internal hardware (pulleys, etc), KP top, KP base, DTs ... etc
2) enclose the glider with the glider bag (as normal)
3) wrap entire glider with insulation bubble wrap
4) give the fellow who bought my glider an extra glider bag and put this around the entire bundle
5) it is now ready to go into its shipping container
I just thought the glider might appreciate the extra layer of cushion and shock absorbing.
Put straps on the package to make it easier to handle. Put a couple of pieces of 1x3 strapping on the bottom to protect the card board if they throw or drop it on a cart. Ive seen airport baggage handlers throwing gliders out of planes on to baggage carts.
I too have chased forklifts through a warehouse. Scary stuff!