Other Helmet cam
5%
Standard digital video camera
8%
Mini disc camera
No votes
0%
By Hangskier
I did not look to see if there is a poll like this already, but I guess there is nothing wrong with running again. There may be new pilots online.

I know there are variations of each camera like HD, GPS, ect, but I thought to just keep simple as to the different brands.
By Bobfly
I have my standard GoPro and I want to get the HD also but I would like to use my standard mini DV handycam
since it has a remote and takes great footage. It is a much bigger pain to download and crunch then the
GoPro but the quality of the video even though it's not hi-def and the sound pickup is real good.
By fieldgunner

:P
By jimrooney
What's with all these single choice polls???
Where's the "all of the above"?

Except mini-disc... those are retarded.
Jim
By zamuro
I just got a DSLR with video (Canon 60D)
Now I wondr which software people use to edit their videos.
By AIRTHUG
Final Cut Pro (Mac only)
By Hangskier
Wait a minute Jim. I have a mini disc. I dont use it for HG though. I use for special events and family events. I dont post the video or transfer to the cpu. I collect the disc for watching later and for keep sakes. I think those are great for that. Its a little large but I've had it for years when cameras were larger.

I do plan to buy a dvr cam for HG and for posting.
By zamuro
AIRTHUG wrote:Final Cut Pro (Mac only)
and what would be the best alternative for the windows crowd?
By AIRTHUG
zamuro wrote:
AIRTHUG wrote:Final Cut Pro (Mac only)
and what would be the best alternative for the windows crowd?
Get a Mac? :stirpot:

There are a lot of options out there, some are more consumer, some more pro... Depends what you want to do, and your budget.

On a PC, I'm a big fan of Adobe Premiere above most other programs I've seen- but premiere (like FCP) is more pro-oriented.

Windows usually comes with 'Windows Movie Maker'... Not a bad program for getting started. I made my video "Destiny" in MM, and it won be a USHPA award for best promotional film :shock:
By iSoar
Would love to have Final Cut Pro .... but $800+ is a substantial dent in the cost of a new wing :thumbsup:

Maybe I should find a buddy that is a student ..... :goodidea:
By st1lgar
I have a Canon VIXIA HG10 and I was thinking about getting a wide angle lens (.45x) for it. Only downside would be the vibration that might affect the hard drive.

Has anyone used this or similar camcorder on a hang glider?

Thanks
By dievhart
look into PowerDirector 8 or 9....
well worth it and does it all....
Diev
By MorphFX
I now use:
ContourHD helmet camera.
Panasonic Lumix TM7 (still camera with HD).
Used to use:
Sanyo Xacti C1

Video Editing:
Cyber Link Power Director Ultra 9
PaintShop Pro 10 for stills manipulation.
and used to use ULead Video Studio 10

Most of my vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/MorphFX?

... interesting thread! :)
By relate2
+1 for PowerDirector for the price and what it can do nothing beats it, plus it has a forum of very helpful people. For under $100 I think $94 at the moment it is the best (Get the Ultra version)

Just one warning about editing video, especially 1920X1080 fulll HD video YOU WILL NEED a powerful computer. Editing full HD video is about the most demanding thing you will do on your computer.

Also expect problems even Adobe premier pro (which by the way in Auttralia is $1,333) has problems. Most times it is not the softwares fault as it appears every camera manufacturer has its own little tweak to its video format that is supposed to be regulated and standard. Use the forums to find out the work arounds that other people have already found.

Welcome to the exciting and frustrating world of video editing. :mrgreen:
By MorphFX
relate2 wrote: Just one warning about editing video, especially 1920X1080 fulll HD video YOU WILL NEED a powerful computer. Editing full HD video is about the most demanding thing you will do on your computer.
:ditto:

I had to buy a new computer after I purchased the HD camera - that didn't go down too well with the Mrs! :surrender:
By blindrodie
If any of you move up to a 64 bit system with at a minimum dual core processing and many gigs of RAM and you are wanting to edit on a more robust and professional level I have the complete ADOBE CS5 premium production bundle
for sale. New in box still shrink wraped. I'll take offers... :)

http://tryit.adobe.com/us/cs5/productio ... &skwcid=TC
By relate2
Just a little Adobe trap for anyone buying an Adobe suite. If you buy a suite that includes say Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver etc and you decide down the track you really only want to upgrade Photoshop.....Adobe says....."We are sorry but the only way to upgrade Photoshop within a suite is to upgrade the whole suite" :shock: :shock:
By AIRTHUG
:ditto:

Learned that one when I got Master Collection as a student, and tried to upgrade PS, but was no longer a student :roll:
By Hangskier
Years ago I had Pinnacle studio that cost just under $200 and it was very difficult to learn to edit with. Had to spend too much time. It may be easier now but I will stick to the cheaper/simpler editing software now like movie maker.