North Wing
7%
Enterprise Wings
0%
Airwave
2%
By batt0
The Mark4 Norman Yem Yem classic .
Came with a strobe ball,pair of "tight" pants & white leather gloves. oooohhhh! Just incase you " got down" you could" get back up again."
It was "extreem hang gliding" for its day. I don't miss having an afro hair do tho, or the platform shoes. :lol:
By dfcclown
Perhaps the poll should be WHAT BRAND OF GLIDER DO YOU FLY not WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE as it seems this is a predominantly US site so much more biased in the WW direction and people will always vote what they fly anyway!
Just as pointless as the people arguing about what is the best high performance glider...was I the only one who thought Atilla's letter on Ozreport came off sounding slightly arrogant?
By ascaro
Where is Attila's letter on OZreport? :|
By Lobido
Hey, even I sound like an arrogant prick over there. Maybe it is something about the Oz Report...
By noman
im going to join the oz report just to hav fun with those guys,i promise 2 argue every point and tell all who will listen to piss off :shock:
By Lobido
:mrgreen:
By two40
Scare! wrote:Too bad there isn't an "anything BUT Moyes" option.
that's a rather weird comment to make... why would that be?
By Hangskier
Moyes. I've met Bill Moyes, he's a pioneer, business is in the family, and I think he could make his gliders lighter but chooses durability and longevity over lighter weight. But, the gliders I’ve flown are Falcon 170, Sting, GTR, SX, and Northwing Tandem so can’t compare WW. I did like my GTR on tow and flight and really like my SX.
By Mavi Gogun
rallyant wrote: I wander why there not more popular than they (Aeros) are?
Id like to move into aerobatics oneday and i think id feel a little safer on an UP than a Topless glider.
Try to get an e-mail response from Aeros- Fukushima will be safe for farming first.

As others have previously noted, this is a heavily truncated list- add Seedwings, Bautec, and Icaro.
By astronaut
As far as I can tell the list lacks the following:

- Avian
- Bautek
- Ellipse Delta
- Ikarus Pellicci
- Quasar
- Seedwings (USA)
- Seedwings Europe
- Tecma
- UP

....and "Laminar" should be replaced with "Icaro2000".
By EIGHTWGT
Scare! wrote:Too bad there isn't an "anything BUT Moyes" option.

I'd like to hear about this comment
By Kinglocal
Voted WW. I'm a WW and Moyes dealer. Recently picked up an older ATOS with V sail, awaiting delivery. Sold WW talon, only have 4 falcons, darn. I fly falcons more than any glider. WW should remain the top US glider company, if they keep up their world class customer service, quality gliders, and focus on what grows our sport in future. Moyes has great gliders too. There is a reson WW & Moyes goes head to head all around the world in comps. Both great teams.

PS: WW should get on the rigid wagon NOW. they are missing a "class of gliders" marketing.

WW Bladerunners! :mosh:
By flyingdawg
I love my new Seedwings Sensor (the real one made by Bob) 710 series, 152 squares. So why can't I vote for it on here? My second favorite would be Moyes but the slow launch and landing speeds attainable with the Sensor's flaps, plus the outstanding handling of the 710 series, makes it unbeatable for me, an aging pilot still wanting to fly a high performance wing.
By Bobfly
I gave my vote to Northwing but I have to give an honerable mention to Wills Wing.
By flyn'ride
I own a Discus and i dont think i will come back from aeros if the combat handles similarly. I flew the discus once and fell in love. Lands like a sport 2 performs like a U2 just all around great. It gives a great feeling of connection between me and the glider. Like i actually have wings. The WW gliders i have flow i dont get that connection.
By flyin_canuck
Lands like a sport 2 performs like a U2 just all around great.
makes it sound pretty good
The WW gliders i have flow i dont get that connection.
you connect to an aeros glider differently than a WW, I have a friend with a combat, he seemed to connect to his glider the same way I did to mine?????

So you differentiate your glider from WW gliders, but compared it to two of them:crazy: :crazy:

I always figured advise on this forum is pretty much useless....thanks for confirming it [/quote]
By astronaut
flyingdawg wrote:I love my new Seedwings Sensor (the real one made by Bob) 710 series, 152 squares. So why can't I vote for it on here? My second favorite would be Moyes but the slow launch and landing speeds attainable with the Sensor's flaps, plus the outstanding handling of the 710 series, makes it unbeatable for me, an aging pilot still wanting to fly a high performance wing.
Those Seedwings (US) gliders sure look nice! Too bad they are being produced on such a small scale.

It seems to me that Seedwings (US) is a glider that is purchased rather than sold. If that makes any sence :) What I mean is that you have to "deliberately" look for Seedwings (US) whereas WW or Moyes etc. seems to be "everywhere" both by popularity and PR-wise.
By flyn'ride
flyin_canuck bro im not telling you that everyone will like them better. I am just saying dont follow like a zombie. You probably havent flown anything but WW and still swear it is the best. I simply support trying different things. And just for good measure I compared polars and stall speed VG off, that is a very reasonable comparison for the people like you who dont know how anything but WW flies.