2%
North Wing
7%
Enterprise Wings
0%
Airwave
2%
By flyingdawg
Astronaut, you stated it very well, Seedwings Sensors are "bought" rather than "sold." I wish Bob was more of a marketing presence because there are new generations of pilots out there who know nothing about his wings and his contributions to the sport. And most important, they don't even consider a Sensor when making a wing decision because of their lack of knowledge. Yeah, it's much easier buying a WW or Moyes or Northwing, but at least for me, I've got the exact wing that I want in my 710. I look forward to putting many hundreds of hours on that wing without worying about the tips fluttering away.
By mvent2009
I voted for w.w. due to customer service, quality of flight, and the finish of their gliders but I think the wings of the other factories are also very good, I have no problem to fly a wing of another brand ... :lol:
By Flyking
Where is UP? :evil: I have flown UP gliders most of my life 8) I would vote UP if it were an option :goodidea:
By mapjim
astronaut wrote:As far as I can tell the list lacks the following:

- Avian
- Bautek
- Ellipse Delta
- Ikarus Pellicci
- Quasar
- Seedwings (USA)
- Seedwings Europe
- Tecma
- UP

....and "Laminar" should be replaced with "Icaro2000".
And my vote (based on wings flown so far) would be Avian...absolutely excellent hardware, very sweet both to rig and to fly.
By ksykes
Wills Wing for service, quality and the T2.

Love it.
By pianoman42
I voted WW. Just got a new T2c, on my first flight , it felt like nothing before. The carbon speed bar fit my grip perfectly, and allowed me to steer it softly and effortlessly. Landing has become something completely different, as has flying in turbulence. Feeling much safer than my old wing, has helped me develop better xc flights. I couldn´t be happier!! Perfectly built and finished glider.
By mrcc
I voted WW just love my U2, brought it because of all the positive feedback, test reports, support & value for money.
By old newbie
Nike

I am truly a victim of our brand conscious society. Wills Wing? They don't even have one NBA star on board.

Steve
By Cal Glider
I too looked for UP but alas no. It is a testament to John’s designs that a 90s glider can still hang tough against the big names. I wish he had the funds that would allow him to explore the possibilities that are within that quick bight mind of his. As soon as I win the lottery I am going to dump a big bag full of money by his shop and say “have fun and knock yourself out John.”
I voted Wills Wing it is made in the good ole USA, I will most likely end up with a WW S-2…but I do miss my Predator… :cry:
By Oakdude
I think everyone should send me 3 dollars/pounds whatever.
I will then spend the next year flying everything there is and give a standardised evaluation in multiple conditions and sites and also a video of each and every one.
I can but dream
By Oakdude
The Moyes RS are utterly stunning(but where do they get the price from??).......never seen a T2C in the flesh so????
By remmoore
Cal Glider wrote: I will most likely end up with a WW S-2…but I do miss my Predator… :cry:
There are plenty of them out there for sale, you know.

RM
By Roadrunner
My Altair Predator 158 fills my bill, for the Best Bird in the sky.
By CHassan
Do to recent activities I'm rather fond of the Airborne Climax :mrgreen:
By Nigel Hewitt
Oakdude wrote:I think everyone should send me 3 dollars/pounds whatever.
I will then spend the next year flying everything there is and give a standardised evaluation in multiple conditions and sites and also a video of each and every one.
I already had a nice glider. I thought I was going to take my time thinking about an upgrade. Not rush a purchase. Study the possibilities. Make a proper evaluation...

Then I fell madly in love with this long slim Ukrainian bimbo who takes forever to get ready, wants to spend all my money and tries to make me run faster than my poor little legs can go.

Damn you Aeros.
By andylongvq
I thought I had THE glider when I was flying Trampenau's Sensors.

Then, much to my amazement, I forgot all about them after my first thermal flight on an Atos B. Wow.

Then I thought I had exactly what I wanted when I got my Atos C all tricked out. I loved that glider. And had no plans on selling it.

But all THAT changed when I demoed an Atos VQ. Oh. My. God.

How could a 160 foot squared, 46 foot wing spanned glider POSSIBLY have such incredibly light, turn-right-now handling? And have such an awesome sink rate and glide to boot.

The VQ is a mind blowing glider. I'm just so glad I got a ride on one because I had no idea the handling would be such an improvement over the Atos B/C/V.

The Atos Bs, Cs and Vs are great gliders but they aren't nimble. The VQ is definitely nimble. Truly an amazing glider.

- Andy
By FMAN
The Climax is probably the easiest wing to modify for flaps.

CHassan wrote:Do to recent activities I'm rather fond of the Airborne Climax :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:
By AlaskanNewb
I am a total nube who voted for WW.
In my short flying career (Just finished my H3) been flying just over a year. I have flown:
WW Falcon 1
WW Falcon 3 (that i own)
Northwing Horizon (that I own)
Pacific Airwave K2 (that I own)
Airborne XC classic with the Wizard II wing (not a hg-but close that I own)

I just really like the way WW has treated me, they have good service and that really helps because, although I live in the best state in the US (the beautiful and wonderful state of AK), I don't have access to a dealer.

I do really like airborne products though!
Yes 3 gliders and a trike in one year....I am a truly obsessive person!
By stephmet
Moyes. Their service is second to none. That, and the world's best pilots fly them.