Funny/Friendly Off topic discussion. Fail this test and threads will be migrated to Way Off Topic.

Moderators: sg, mods

By Radwhacker
Indeed, perhaps the greatest voice of our generation - or any.
By Radwhacker
JR wrote:Cream/Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, Carole King, Van Morrison, John Lennon, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, David Bowie, T.Rex, Mott The Hoople, Warren Zevon, Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks, Queen, Sheryl Crow, Tori Amos, Ani Difranco, Lucinda Williams, Tool, etc.
What he said (only I would add Annie Lennox.)
By Lobido
Phantomflier-

I have had my own brush with fame with regard to my singing.

When I was in 6th grade I moved to a school in Needham, Massachusetts, where I encountered, for the first time, choir. Everyone met as part of choir once a week for two hours. Everyone was in it. I met with the instructress to display my pipes, and sang not unlike a nightingale. I proudly returned to class, knowing full well my vocals would become the centerpiece of the ensemble.

When next choir met, my regular teacher pulled me aside to tell me that I had not been invited to participate in choir, and that I would need to remain in the regular classroom. My teacher was almost as disenheartened as I was, she had lost a two hour break, one she richly deserved, to oversee my once weekly, two hour, solitary choirlessness. I am certain my primate presence became a real comfort to her, in the long run.

As a result of my disenfranchisement, I became an object of curiosity to the other children. Just what the heck was wrong with my voice? Asked to demonstrate, I took great pleasure in belting out ear splitting soliloquies to entertain my peers. I was the bard of recess, the troubadour of the jungle gym.

But for my having a problem or two maintaining the proper key, which is simply to state that I do not seek to impose unnecessary boundaries on my vocal prowess, and the fact that I may have a few issues with timing, which is to say that I am capable of creative interpretation of the music at hand, I would be trodding the boards of Broadway with you. As it is, I am the Phantom of my shower, serenading my wife and dog with peals of my silvery singing. Their appreciation of my talent, expressed by my dog with an occasional howl, and by my wife with her strained, yet clearly pleased smile, is just a small reward for the pleasure I afford them.

In short, my friend, our kinship is palpable, and I look forward to recording a suitable duet.

Lobido
Simian Songbird
By phantomflier
In short, my friend, our kinship is palpable, and I look forward to recording a suitable duet.
Anytime!!
By Lobido
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Excellent. I will be sharpening my vocal repertoire! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Attachments
Monkey_resize.JPG
Monkey_resize.JPG (112.74 KiB) Viewed 6775 times
By TomGalvin
Was reminded of this today. Aerosmith covering a Beatles song, while getting their ass kicked by the Bee Gees, Peter Frampton, and a girl.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3jWESj-Lkw[/youtube]

Can you name the movie?
By Mrsposer
Okay....I'm gonna need to add the Black Crowes to my list. Oh and 311 too. Oh and Bob Marley.
By CHassan
TomGalvin wrote:Was reminded of this today. Aerosmith covering a Beatles song, while getting their ass kicked by the Bee Gees, Peter Frampton, and a girl.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3jWESj-Lkw[/youtube]

Can you name the movie?
Can't see the clip, but that sounds like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band?
By Wagner24314
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=p4aoF2ykipo[/youtube]
like this band but just a warning dont drive and have her in the player like a sound sleeping pill

this song is cool to [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=USo0oMfQI0k[/youtube]

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =170395520
By manovision
Any one ever heard any String Cheese Incident, Disco Bisquits, or Donna the Buffalo? Its weird s--t but its good.
Wilson
By fly n mater
Can't believe any hasn't tossed out the Temptations, smoky Robinson, 4 Tops. That Motown sound was great.

Led Zep, AC/DC, Link 'n Park, Pink Floyd, Santana, Blue Oyster Cult, Staind, Nickleback, Bad Company, Almond Bros, Lynard Skynard,....

Then I like Bluegrass too, Flat and Skruggs rule, Ricky Scaggs, Ralph Stanley, Rascal Flats, sound track from Oh Brother where art thou,....
By CHassan
I've got some Queen on right now.
By KAT
Better late than never (can't play while I'm at work - my boss is a slave driver! :lol:

T Bone Walker
Howlin' Wolf
Muddy Waters
Benny Goodman
Glenn Miller
Gene Krupa
Nat King Cole
Rosemary Clooney
Billie Holiday
Dixie Dregs
Grateful Dead
Allman Brothers
Fleetwood Mac
Beatles
Stones
Dave Brubeck
Grover Washington
Laura Nyro
Beethoven
Handel
Brahms
Mozart etc.
By Mrsposer
CHassan wrote:I've got some Queen on right now.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Please reword this statement. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It can be read another way....which is the way I first read it when I saw it.

Emphasize the word "some" and it makes you wanna puke! :rofl: :rofl: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: Please forgive my twisted mind! :surrender: :surrender:
By ClandestineSwine
Getting my post count up...

Currently playing: Foo Fighters - Pretender

In the cue:
Hendrix
SRV
John Mayer
Disturbed
Bowling For Soup
Seether

... and I almost forgot
Stevie Wonder

He's a musical genius
By AP
Yesterday some solo work by Bernard fanning of Powderfinger, and a fair bit of Led Zeplin.
Today: Groove Armada, The Verve, and a bit of ACDC.
By wilburleft
Youtube is cool. You can find old music. Been listenin to>>>

Glen Campbell....Wichita Lineman
Zeppelin...Over the hills and far away, Dancin Days
Head East......There's never Been any Reason
Yes....Roundabout, Seen all Good People