Funny/Friendly Off topic discussion. Fail this test and threads will be migrated to Way Off Topic.

Moderators: sg, mods

By Fred Wilson
British Hang Gliding HIstory Jokes: http://british-hang-gliding-history.com/jokes/

I recently started abseiling and Hang Gliding.
The girl I have been stalking is getting harder and harder to follow.
sandals and a Don't Eat Yellow Snow T-Shirt. He's gonna make you look bad...."
Last edited by Fred Wilson on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Fred Wilson
soar8hours wrote:I always enjoy talking to spectators on launch or in an LZ. In the early days,
lots of folks who had never seen anyone "jump" or "fly a kite" simply did not know what to think
and looked on like it was a daredevil circus stunt!

In the late 70's I was standing on a cliff, ready to takeoff with an Electra Flyer 205 Floater
and several pilots had just landed in the primary LZ.
And this older lady who was watching right off my wingtip said to me
"I see them all down in that same field, can you guide those things?"
And as serious as a heart attack I replied
"No mam, we have a big magnet buried down there in that field and
when we jump off it draws this metal frame to that spot.

And her reply was "well that makes sense, I thought it was something like that."
By Fred Wilson
I spent 90% of my money on my hang gliding equipment and beer. I wasted the rest.

In the remote mountain country a grandfather is teaching his grandson about secrets of hunting.
-Threre is a new kind of nasty predatory bird, son.
They called them hanglider or something. Be careful.
The other day I had to shoot 10 times, before the MF let the man go...

Read more: http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.ph ... z3jHjdYJHk

gluesniffer wrote:What do you tell a Pilot with two black eyes?
Nothing, the idiot has already been told twice.
By remmoore
This one has always been my favorite, it has a "The Far Side" quality, but HG specific.
Attachments
BadDog Comic.jpg
BadDog Comic.jpg (33.51 KiB) Viewed 11519 times
By psilyguy
What's the difference between golf and hang gliding?

In golf you hear...WHACK, "s---"
In hang gliding you hear..."s---", WHACK.
By dave hopkins
True story. A pair of pilots went into Janey's Bar and whore house after flying up the Owens. As they were enjoying a cold one a lady of the night started chatting with one of the pilots. The Chat got quite friendly. After they left the bar. The pilot looked at the other and said " Hey, I think I could have picked her up." Must have been a Mormon?