Post your flying stories and flight reports here. Make sure to attach pictures if you got em!

Moderators: sg, mods

By mgforbes
Dave Gills wrote:
mgforbes wrote: Our corporate attorney, Tim Herr, is a hang glider pilot.
An H0 with a member number of 48274 & no skills?
Actually he was a H3, but he's been inactive for a few years and is getting back into it again. He hasn't had his rating reissued yet, so he shows up as H0 in the database, but he started flying back in 1988. He's on the Ed Levin site committee in the SF Bay area and involved with the local club. He'd be flying more if he wasn't buried with trying to get us through this insurance crisis. :roll:

MGF
By TomGalvin
sg wrote:Oh look honey!!! Isnt that hang glider soooo pretty!!! I love seeing them land on our property!
That's how it is at one of our sites. While we don't advertise the situation, we don't mock it either. Yes it is BFE, but we get our share of visiting pilots.
By once&future
Browbeat us some more. I'm certain that will help motivate anyone who's on the fence.
By Nate
once&future wrote:Browbeat us some more. I'm certain that will help motivate anyone who's on the fence.
Surely a little finger wagging to go with that brow beating would change you mind!

:lol:

:popcorn:
By HGXC
sg wrote:"Do we really need insurance?" should be a rhetorical question.
Jack you are of course right and the sensitivity seems to be running rampart today.

Many people in general take things for granted until they are gone, I'm guilty of that myself.

The past hard feelings about our organization ...many justified..is part of the issue.

But today is today and we need to support organizations that help GA and in this case Hang Gliding specifically if we want to continue to fly.

I pay $1500 dollars for my planes insurance every year. If you belong to a workout gym you pay $300-500 every year and for that you have to lift your own weights :mrgreen:

Hang Gliding pilots in general are among the cheapest sporting crowd you will ever find. If you don't believe it go to a restaurant/bar with a few after a flight and see them run when the check comes :rofl:

What ever we fly, we are involved in a dangerous activity. Hang gliding is on the least expensive end of the GA cost continuum. That doesn't mean that its free or that prices will remain stable. Look at all your living expenses and tell me that you are being overcharged to participate in the greatest activity the common man has ever done...fly thousands of feet thru clouds, over breathtaking geography and beautiful views. You are pressed to make a reasonable argument that we pay too much for the value.

My 2 cents,

Dennis
By HGXC
sg wrote:
HGXC wrote:
The past hard feelings about our organization ...many justified..is part of the issue.
I also strongly suspect this has a lot to do with it.

Ive been a vocal critic of the ushpa in the past, quite a bit in fact....

But now is not the time for some kind of petty revenge. They have the best plan, the ONLY plan, and people need to get behind it or lose their sport.

Its time to set aside the BS and do something.
:mosh: :mosh: :mosh:

Dennis
By mgforbes
Thanks, Dennis and Jack; we've certainly butted heads a lot over the years, and I know we continue to have our differences of opinion, but you guys are good sports about it and in the end we're all trying to do the right thing. I really appreciate your support. If guys like you are 100% behind us, I'm pretty sure we're doing the best for our sport...because if we weren't, you'd be all over us like a cheap suit! :ahh:

MGF