Post your flying stories and flight reports here. Make sure to attach pictures if you got em!

Moderators: sg, mods

By moyesboy
Saturday failed to make my 255km European record declared goal after spending too long getting round Birmingham airspace in a SW wind from Long Mynd. 7.5 hours in the air and a landing under even grey dead sky at 18:10. 215km straight line, 220 via one declared turnpoint at Banbury.
Following Sunday Ollie Chitty and I set a UK declared distance record of 218km from Bradwell Edge near my home and both made it. 5.5 hours in the air - arrived with the sea breeze, wind changed 180 about 15 minutes after we landed.
Attachments
200k.jpg
200k.jpg (479.91 KiB) Viewed 933 times
By moyesboy
Forgot the point of interest on our shared declared goal record. There is about 27years difference in age between Ollie Chitty and me. Ollie started this season with a pb of 50km!
By Xpanse
This is huge!
Congratulations to you both!
By nickcaci
didn't know the country was that wide :lol:
By moyesboy
This record was broken last Tuesday when Carl Wallbank, on his RX3.5, flew from Merthyr in Wales, almost to Cromer bagging a 255km goal at March on the way.
He landed 15km short of the Norfolk coast for a UK open distance record of 330km, or 205 miles. the first 200+ mile flight in the UK.

We are gong to have to find some new places to launch from I think!
By drachenjoe
moyesboy wrote: We are gong to have to find some new places to launch from I think!
Carl might have some ... Oil rigs :-o or landings..

Cheers,

Manfred