Post your flying stories and flight reports here. Make sure to attach pictures if you got em!

Moderators: sg, mods

By deeprecon1
I want to thank Jay, Glen, Chris E, Brian , Liz and Doug for one of the best Flyins I have been apart of . (in my short flying life)

Saturday flying was off the hook ... so many pilots in the air all over the valley. A great three piece band followed up by Anthem Rock band ..Fireball shots and stories filled with lies and exaggerations :P I got 7 hours in this weekend .. when I left sunday eve Jason F was still soaring at 6pm, what a air whore

Please add your personal tells and vids people

:mosh: :mosh: :mosh:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MemvG2A7UEU[/youtube]
Attachments
sat flyin.jpg
sat flyin.jpg (285.55 KiB) Viewed 2487 times
Last edited by deeprecon1 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By dievhart
The first year I didn't bring my nice camera....what was I thinking....no group shot like Jay asked either....but man o man what a party....THANKS Sky Riders...that was sick!!!!
Diev
(I will work on my vid and add a link)
By deeprecon1
video added of some of the Sat landings
By NMERider
That tracklog tells the story. Loads o' lift! :mosh: :mosh: :thumbsup:
By noman3
i put the bouncy house in the way :mosh:
By blindrodie
Yes as I watched the video the words "object fixation" kept coming to the forefront of my thoughts... :shock:

Did anyone abuse it besides the kids!? :wink:

8)
By pjwings
Nice! Sounds bitchen. Hope I can make it out there someday to fly with y'all.

:mosh: :mosh: :mosh:
By SWIFTY
The conditions sat reminded me of the "flyin of the century" when everybody skied out and flew anywhere they wanted. It was a good one and those that missed it shouldn't have.
By mlbco
SWIFTY wrote:The conditions sat reminded me of the "flyin of the century" when everybody skied out and flew anywhere they wanted. It was a good one and those that missed it shouldn't have.
I was at the "Fly-In of the Century" with my Vision-Eclipse back in the 1980's. I remember flying all over the place with about 300 other pilots! I met Brian Porter there and that meeting led to the first Swift being built.

Steve
By noman3
hey swifty can you remember any blown loops on a powered mill?
By SWIFTY
UUHHHH no, not that I recall. But my memory is getting bad! :wink:
And I REALLY blew it selling my SWIFT and giving my Lotus to my cousin! Never again. :cry:
By addictedtoflight
Great fun last weekend! The band, the company and especially the great soaring conditions, oh and the beer. Btw.... Someone must have borrowed my glider because that couldn't have been me sliding in! :oops:
By day dreamer
With much respect to SG, and what this site has made possible for this small but growing chapter.Thank you. Guys, just want to take a min. to say THANK YOU ALL for making this years Oktoberfest so great. We had alot of new faces, some I wished were there, especially Shannon. This year was special for me to have my family attend. I want to thank Chris Ellis for the bounce house, and the tables. Brian for the generator, Kieth B. for the musical entertainment in the afternoon, and Doug English for bringing his band Anthem out to rock us during the evening. The shirts were fantastic as usual. Looked like everyone had a blast, and we had minor whackage in the L.Z. this year as well. Great job pilots. I went back up to to the L.Z. today expecting to find an absolute mess to clean, and was pleasantly surprised that it was all cleaned up for the most part. Thank you Will, Andy and Janica for the cleanup. We have solar power, we have storage, we have art in the L.Z. I look back at how far we have come. And I see more we can do to make it even better. You guys are what make this site so great, and on behalf of the club, thank you all for the support over the years. I see a bright future for this club, and I would like to think it is quite a special place to fly. A destination for pilots young and old, near or far. Glad you guys came to celebrate with us. Never forget what a privilege it is to do what we do. Thanks again.-Glendeco-
By Willmrx
:ditto: And Thanks again for all that you have done for our club Glenn!
By J ball
:mosh: great times, great friends, great flying and holy crap what a party :ahh:
By mbadley
Just getting around to this - enjoyed watching the video (all you hot shot pilots coming in so nicely!)

McClure is a top notch spring/fall site - EXTREMELY reliable soaring conditions. Although not that high (about 1,000 ft. from launch to LZ) the consistent lift makes it a good bet for soarable conditions. XC out of the place is possible to north and south - but punching into the prevailing westerlies is tough and going east is hampered by a national park (Yosemite) and a lot of dinosaur country. It really isn't an XC site (but some have done very well out of there) - besides, all the beer and brauts are in the main LZ. I don't care for it too much in the middle of summer as the heat is too much and inversions common.

This year's flying was great! Glen is an amazing guy and has tremendous passion for his club and the guys in it. They have come a long way from just a couple of picnic benches and a flag pole. The best part of it for me is not only the new faces that prove there is 'hope' that HG hasn't totally caved to PG for young pilots - but the scraggly old-timers are still out there as well. Heroes even when I was a young (younger) pilot and still revered and respected by the new set.

It is a great place to be. Close enough for the Bay Area guys to get away from the coastal fat-lazy air, and yet remote enough to maintain a 'country-welcome' type of crew for the park-rangers who know most of the club by face, if not by name. You can't just 'show up' and fly - as there are gates and such, but there are no double-secret passwords and initiations so if you are H2-Hwhatever, come and join the MLSR for a good time, Somebody will ALWAYS have room on their truck for an extra glider going up to the top and I'm sure you'll be treated to some excellent flying stories (lies) on the trip.