Post your flying stories and flight reports here. Make sure to attach pictures if you got em!

Moderators: sg, mods

By Cal Glider
Ouch...the grand kids thought it was funny when grandpaw fell out of his pickup. This sucks! I have a brand spaken new HG and it is just sitting. Drove out to my daughter's ranch to sight in my ruger, opened the door to get out and fell down. Sitting in the doctors office as I type this. Pain from neck down right arm and numbness in forefinger of right hand. Everything works, but movement is painfull. I want to fly so stinking bad!!! Oh Well, I have waited this long better to just hang loose and wait some more until I am a 100% and can fly safe but... This sucks!!! :punch:
By FMAN
That sucks to hear. I have a wicked flu for the second day today.
By Avolare
Get well soon!
Cal Glider wrote:Ouch...the grand kids thought it was funny when grandpaw fell out of his pickup. This sucks! I have a brand spaken new HG and it is just sitting. Drove out to my daughter's ranch to sight in my ruger, opened the door to get out and fell down. Sitting in the doctors office as I type this. Pain from neck down right arm and numbness in forefinger of right hand. Everything works, but movement is painfull. I want to fly so stinking bad!!! Oh Well, I have waited this long better to just hang loose and wait some more until I am a 100% and can fly safe but... This sucks!!! :punch:
no way!thats a bummer.i hated getting hurt before a desert race.sounds like a little nerve damage . should be good in about two weeks :x youll be flying soon.
By FMAN
Me saying that sucks is quite an understatement. :chair:
By BBJCaptain
Cal, that transition from setting to walking is real dangerous :ahh:

You should stick to HG it"s much safer :thumbsup:
By mike bilyk
What kind of ruger? I just got a new rem 700 waiting on the rings/base :)
By Cal Glider
Mike, It’s a VERY tricked out Ruger 10/22. Match grade fluted w/ compensator barrel from Tactical solutions, custom thumbhole stock, match grade trigger assembly, Tri-mag and extended mag release lever, Bi-pod (I am getting old and I shake a bit) topped off with a 3x9x50mm scope. I am going to have to kill a lot of rabbits to get my money back. Here is the target that was used for a 10 round group at 25yds. I set it to shoot a bit high so at 50 yards it should pretty much dead on.the target.

Can't wait to see what my new AR in 223 is going to shoot like :drool:
Attachments
Copy of Anderson 1022 twenty round at  group 25 yds..jpg
Copy of Anderson 1022 twenty round at group 25 yds..jpg (46.19 KiB) Viewed 3703 times
By flybop
Hey Cal, hope you are feeling better by now and are up and flyin' and shootin'. Nice group BTW. I always was a bad shot with a pistol. Plan on getting out and shooting lots this summer.
By Bobfly
Cal Glider wrote:Mike, It’s a VERY tricked out Ruger 10/22. Match grade fluted w/ compensator barrel from Tactical solutions, custom thumbhole stock, match grade trigger assembly, Tri-mag and extended mag release lever, Bi-pod (I am getting old and I shake a bit) topped off with a 3x9x50mm scope. I am going to have to kill a lot of rabbits to get my money back. Here is the target that was used for a 10 round group at 25yds. I set it to shoot a bit high so at 50 yards it should pretty much dead on.the target.

Can't wait to see what my new AR in 223 is going to shoot like :drool:
That's a sweet shooting rifle! I like the .17's myself. Got a Mach 2 and a HMR .17 that both drive tacks. I also have a Kimber Custom 22.250 built on a Mauser action with a match grade barrel that shot 5 into .36 inches @100 yds the first time out. I hear ya on the shake. I know my eyes and hands couldn't duplicate that group at my age now. Getting old sucks. That Ruger ought to be pure poison for rabbits. :thumbsup:
By Cal Glider
Bob... I was reading the CA law and talking with a friend who has an FFL. The law reads “12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following: (1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following: (A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon. (B) A thumbhole stock. (C) A folding or telescoping stock. (D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher. Etc etc etc…”
The key word there is "centerfire" The AR is modular and the only part that is considered a gun is the lower. It is the only part that has to go through a person with an FFL. You can order and have delivered to your doorstep anywhere in CA an upper in any caliber you want. Take a 17 or a 22 cal (rimfire) upper and slap it on your lower and the gun is totally (to the best of my reading ability) exempt from ROBERTI-ROOS ASSAULT WEAPONS CONTROL ACT OF 1989. It can have all the scary looking things that in the warped view of our elected officials make these guns so much more deadly and dangerous than any other semi-auto weapon. :crazy: The one rule you can't get around is max mag cap of 10 rounds.