Interested in hang gliding? Currently learning to hang glide? Post your questions here.
This forum is open to unregistered users

Moderators: sg, mods

By Flying Circus
http://doarama.com/view/1282697

I knew I had an igc file of the flight but never realised the other pilot Brendan Argo has also recorded his flight with doarama. So here you have it 3D visualisation of
"Flying In Circles" and "The Launch" Brendan launches at about 23:56 and I launch later.
By joshuajneufeld
ChattaroyMan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:27 am
TjW wrote: For me, in keeping in thermals while picking them up ridge soaring it helps to stay in them by lengthening the time I spend flying upwind in a 360 and/or decreasing the time spent flying downwind.

Check your altitude when you enter lift - or feel you've entered lift. Per WonderBoy's zero sink comment, check your altitude periodically in marginal lift to 'see' what's happening. If you're not going down, work that area a bit with shallow turns.

On marginal days it's all about making the decisions which are best to increase your air time. You'l kick yourself in the butt once you've landed if you leave marginal lift then not find any more lift.
This is something I need to remember!
By Wagner24314
i suggest a GPS with a bread crumb set it for 500 feet view and go play